Anonymous Tip Part 1 - Black Hearted Killer {Smut}

Summary: AU where Vera survives her altercation with Julie and Dennis and is on the run after murdering them both. Reader is a detective following her trail and finds more than she bargained for.

Warnings: 18+, implied dub-con, elements of dom/sub, mild smut.

Word count: 770

You don't know how you ended up in this situation

You don't know how you ended up in this situation. You'd been following the notorious 'black-hearted killer' for months with no strong leads, frustrating you to no end. That is, until you received an anonymous tip leading you to a dusty bar in the outskirts of Los Angeles.

And there she was, perched on a bar stool and sipping calmly from a cocktail. She looks fantastic for a fugitive, you pondered, her black suit accentuating her in all the right places with her hair slickly pulled back.

But that was irrelevant, of course. You had to focus on the task at hand. You tried to think of the prospect of a promotion, if you were able to get this woman in handcuffs and back to the office tonight. As one of the few female agents, you already had a disadvantage. Maybe now you'd be able to prove yourself.

Cautiously you slip onto the stool next to her and signal the barman. You order a scotch and look around the bar. It was mostly empty, spare a few elderly locals near the jukebox.

"It's a nice place here, huh? Kind of rustic. Makes a change from the big city." You turn your head towards the woman next to you and smile sweetly as your scotch arrives. You figured making light conversation might settle your nerves, and it was unlikely Vera even knew who you were.

"I know who you are."

Oh. Well looks like we're skipping the small talk, you thought.

You shift uncomfortably in your seat and clear your throat, attempting to create confidence in your tone. "Do you?"

"Oh sweetheart, you don't think I'd recognise that pretty face?"

This time she turns to look at you and you notice the remnants of a scar on her left cheek. You have a sudden compulsion to touch it, but instead your own cheeks flush as you're forced to look into her steel blue eyes.

A satisfied smirk plasters her face. She's noticed your blush. Damn it.

"And you drive a silver Ford Fiesta, number plate LG03 PFD. It's parked outside. You're not the only one doing the stalking."

You look at Vera with a hint of bewilderment. She's good. Too good. How long has she known you've been following her? Why hasn't she done anything about it?

"If you knew I was following you, you'd surely know I was coming here? But yet you're sat here...like you're waiting for me..."

The penny drops.

"Darling, your brain really isn't as impressive as your looks." Her hand brushes against your arm, and goosebumps take over your skin. A strange feeling begins to creep into your stomach, and it isn't just fear.

"You're the anonymous tip. You led me here." Your voice comes out softer and higher pitched then you mean it to.

"Hmm. And you fell into my trap like a helpless little puppy." She grips your arm almost possessively and stares intensely into your eyes. You try to wriggle away but to no avail. "You know, if we were alone right now, I'd kill you."

"Why?"

"For fun. Why else? Although I think I'd leave you for last. I'd probably start with him." She gives a menacingly sweet wave towards one of the old men by the jukebox, who had been staring at your arse for the last 10 minutes. "It would be so easy."

"Do you ever think about anything other than death?"

Vera smiled, her head tilting as if to study you. "Oh, you'd be surprised."

You stiffen and look away, trying your best to keep some level of composure. But the killer wasn't making it easy. "If you try anything, I'm going to have to shoot you."

"Exciting! Where are you hiding the gun?" Vera's gaze scours your body, far too lingering to be anything over than seductive. She grabs your waist suddenly and pulls you closer until you're almost in her lap, hands sliding down your thighs. "Not here," she whispers. "What about...here?"

A needy whine falls from your lips as her hand reaches your inner thigh, agonisingly close to your core. You push her away before her hands get any further between your legs, burning with embarrassment. You were usually so composed, but no one had ever touched you quite like that.

You were playing a dangerous game and you had a horrible feeling that Vera might win.

A/N: That's it for part 1 ;) I don't know how many parts I want to make this but it's going to be long.