Chapter 16

Key:

P/T/O/E - Preferred term of endearment

Your P.O.V.

We all turned to face Pogo. "Regretfully, I helped Master Hargreeves enact his plan. So did Grace. It was a difficult choice for both of us. More difficult than you could ever know. Prior to your father's death, Grace's programming was adjusted so that she was incapable of administering first aid on that fateful night," said Pogo, walking forwards. "Sick bastard," said Five, and I nodded in agreement. "So the security tape we saw," asked Luther. "It was meant to further the murder mystery. Your father hoped that being back here, solving it together... would reignite your desire to be a team again," said Pogo.

"And to what end," asked Five. "To save the world, of course," said Pogo. Klaus laughed hysterically before saying "All right." "First the moon mission, and now this. You watched me search for answers and said nothing. Anything else you wanna share, Pogo? Any other damn secret," said Luther, getting angry. I was scared he would go ape mode, like the hulk, but furry. "Hey Luther, calm down," said Klaus. "No, I won't calm down. We've been lied to by the one person in this family we all trusted," said Luther, enraged. "It was your father's dying wish, Master Luther. I... I had no choice," said Pogo, making me feel bad for him. "There's always a choice," said Luther, walking towards Pogo. He glared at Pogo for a minute before walking away. As Pogo turned to leave,  walked up to him, placed a hand on his shoulder, and said, "I'm sorry for that Pogo. I'm sure Luther will come around. If it helps, I forgive you. I don't think it's your fault." Pogo smiled a little before saying, "Thank you, Miss." "Please, call me Y/N," I said, smiling at him. He smiled back before leaving the room. I sat down next to Five. "Ugh, I gotta think," he said, before grabbing my rm. He made a figure on my hand with his thumb I couldn't identify it but took that as him informing me he was gonna jump. I nodded, and the kitchen disappeared in a swirl of blue. We ended up on what seemed like the roof of the Umbrella Academy. I sat down on the edge of the roof, my feet dangling. Five came and sat down next to me. We just sat there, not saying anything. "It was really nice, what you said to Pogo," said Five after the lengthy but comfortable silence. "I feel that you should never leave when either one of the people is angry. You never know what's going to happen," I said to Five, thinking about how I couldn't even remember what the last thing I said to my mom was. 

He grabbed my hand and made shapes with his thumb. I breathed out and leaned my head against his shoulder. "You know, when I had gotten stuck in the apocalypse, I kept thinking about my family. I mean, dad was an asshole, but he was still my dad. And the last words I had told him were in anger. I kept thinking about how dad was right, and how I would never see my family again. When The Handler came to me with a proposition that could lead to me going home, I had no choice but to accept. I always took pride in my work but it never gave me pleasure," said Five while looking in the distance. "All this talk about how dad hurt everyone,  can't help but about all he did for us," he continued, a tear falling from his eye. I wiped the tear from his face and said, "Hey, it is perfectly okay. I mean, you haven't seen him in 45 years. Luther was only away from him for 4 years, it must be easier for him to hate on his dad, especially after finding out about the moon thing. On top of that, you're feeling guilty for not listening to him, which is adding to your pain. That's okay Five, it just means you're human." He nodded, eyes still downcast. I hugged him from the side, watching the horizon. "Funny. I have barely known you for 5 days, and you're the only person I have hugged," said Five looking at me. "Really? I give everyone hugs. But you're the first person I have told about my scars," I said, smiling back at him, butterflies exploding in my gut. "Let's go back inside," I said, standing up a few moments later. He nodded and got up too. He grabbed my hand and made the shape again. I nodded, and we appeared in his room. He walked out of the room, me following. We went to Klaus's room. Five knocked and walked in to see Klaus knitting.