I looked to the door and found our luggages next to it. I walked over to it and knelt down, pulling out my floor length v-neck red dress from it.

"You change here" Ian said. "I'll go to another room"

As he went I took a quick shower and came out, changing into my red dress. I put on a light make up and was doing my hair by the time Ian came back.

I looked over my shoulder as I heard the door open and close. "Did you change?" I asked Ian as I put the finishing touch to my hair but he didn't reply.

Puzzled, I turned around to face him and he was intently staring at me "What? You don't umm...like my dress?" I asked hesitantly.

Ian still didn't reply.

"Ian"

"Mmm" He glanced up, coming out of his daze.

"Don't you like my dress? I can change-"

"No!" He said quickly. "You're beautiful" He approached me and cupped my face in his hand, trailing a finger along my jawline. "Very beautiful" He said softly and smiled. "Here I brought you something"

Ian pulled something out of his pocket but before I could see it, he turned me to face the mirror. Then his hands came around me, putting a necklace on my neck.

I gasped. "Ian, it's beautiful" I said touching the ruby pendant. "Thank you"

Ian wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed the back of my head. "Anything for you"

I smiled. "Everything's set. Hope I don't get my periods to ruin the day" I shuddered even thinking about it.

Ian leaned in, whispering in his husky voice. "Want me to put a baby in you?"

My jaw dropped was an understatement. I spun around and smacked Ian's shoulder but he was too busy laughing.

"How dare you laugh?"

"Should I cry then?" He said while laughing.

"Oh my god! I can't believe you. Be happy that I didn't kill you"

Ian raised his hands up in surrender. "Okay, I'll be grateful" He teased.

"Go away"

"Let's go downstairs together"

"No"

Ian chuckled and grabbed my arm, pulling me to his chest. "I'm happy that you're here Hailey" He said softly. "I wouldn't be smiling and laughing if it wasn't for you" He gave a small kiss to my nose and smiled. "Let's go now"

Ian dragged me out of the room and down the stairs to the living room and a gasp escaped my lips. The vast area was lit with a golden light, illuminating from the large chandelier hanging from the ceiling. Cocktail tables were placed at a certain distance, the guests surrounding them, drinking glasses of champagne while chattering in hushed tones. Vases of red roses were kept along the walls, matching with the golden curtains covering the tall windows.

"Oh there you are" Ian's mother came runninga towards us with a huge smile on her face. She clasped Ian's hands. "Melissa's father is here. Come with me" She tried to drag him but Ian stood, rooted to his spot.

"Why on earth would I see him?"

"Because that's your future father in law"

Ian scoffed and yanked his hand from his mother. "Get out of my way"

"Ian you can't-"

"Ian" A gruff voice interrupted us. I turned and spotted a man with grey hair who looked similar in features to Melissa approaching us.