"I'll help ya'. This green ol' bottle gon' help with that sickly sore throat." he chuckled at the last part.

Senile old hag.

Even though Bela doesn't trust him she still took the bottle out of desperation of the pain and poured it all over her throat.

She pulled the glass shard out before she poured the liquid over the wound. To her absolute surprise, it healed in less than a minute.

Bela felt the wound burn at first, but then it became bearable. What the hell was that?

She heard the old man chuckle again before walking away from her.

Despite the treatment, Bela still felt herself pass out.

-----

Bela blinked awake again and saw Mia just beside her, her hands on her face.

Water leaked through those hands.

Mia didn't seem to notice Bela staring at her from how open she's being.

"I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to..."

Bela heard Mia mumble something with sobs but she didn't want wait any more as she sat up without warning.

She saw Mia flinch when she heard movement from infront of her.

Mia removed the hands from her face and she sees Bela, already trying to stand up.

The wounds on her throat were now nothing else but scars.

Mia watched her as she stood up and dusted her pants. She doesn't mind those pants but now... She's glad she has those pants on instead of some dress.

Bela stared back at Mia as the Winters was already wiping at her face. She was crying.

"Mia... What happened?" Bela broke the silence as Mia stared at her silently for a few minutes.

"...Eveline... For some reason told me to bring you here and I did." she answered.

Bela nodded but she continued, "Ethan found a cure for us."

Bela froze. A cure.

She turned to Mia, her face already announcing a question.

Mia picks up on it, "Ethan found a cure for us," she continues.

"And he-"

Mia was cut off as Bela walked past her and to the door.

Mia turned around to face her again, "What are you doing?" she asked.

Bela turned around. "I'm leaving. I have a mission to-"

Bela paused when she saw anger in Mia's eyes.

"I heard you left Connections after you didn't board." she said. Bela nods in confirmation.

"Did you know this would happen? The crash, I mean. Is that why you didn't come along?"

Bela shakes her head almost immediately after Mia said that.

Of course not. Did you think I wanted to leave you?

Mia seemed to believe her as her furrowed brows loosened.

She didn't say anything and let Bela go.

Bela wordlessly left out the door.

-----

A few minutes after Bela left the room, she was greeted by Eveline.

The child giggled playfully as she watched Bela flinch upon seeing her.

"How have you been, Bay-la?" the child said while giggling.

Bela didn't care about the kid anymore. Not that she was kind back, anyway.

"Are you sure you still dont want to be my family?" she asked and Bela gave a solid -

"No."

The girl looked like she was pouting before her face darkened again.

"Ethan Winters also didn't want to be my daddy." she said darkly, as if trying to intimidate Bela.

It worked before but Bela knows far too well to fall for that now.

"I would spare you even if he did agree because I like you, you've been nice to me when even mommy wasn't. But I won't spare Ethan Winters. He's turning on me, and I don't forgive people who try to kill my family!"

She shouted the last part before suddenly disappearing.

Good. Bela thought. That means the guy's killing these psycho people one by one.

Bela shakes her head.

She'll need to see when Ethan Winters kills the Bakers, and Eveline.

It'll be good riddance, even if Miranda most likely wants the child alive.