49. Visitors

Chapter 49: Visitors.

One week went by, one week went by since the night Milo successfully fixed everything and regained his life back. He was a freeman, no more husbands, no more Malcolm and no more Owen.

He met with the light fae and apologized for not being able to terminate the job but never saw him again. He went back to his apartment, the one he missed more than anything, it was a plain two bedroom apart in the outskirts of the city with an outstanding sunset and cozy space. He decided that after everything he went through, he deserved a break from work and having some time to laze around but the truth is he was torn inside.

He missed London, he missed Malcolm, Elijah, Remi, heck he even missed Victor and cold stone Ezekiel. He thought that after getting his life back, he would meet more with Abby and his brothers but he could barely get hold of them since they each had things going on.

He was drowning in his loneliness again.

After sleeping in for the majority of the day again, he decides to get up and make some breakfast for himself instead of starving in his unmade bed, but he is interrupted by the door bell before he reaches the kitchen.

"Who is it?" He rolls his eyes and yawns loudly, he hated unexpected visits so he wasn't going to dress nice or care to brush his hair, he was in his very large, very comfortable old pyjamas and whomever wanted to interrupt his peaceful time will have to suck it up.

He reaches for the door while rubbing his eyes to get the sleepiness away but upon lifting his head, he is surprised by a dark haired warlock in the doorway.

He was wearing dark skinny jeans and a plain white V neck shirt, which was very out of character for the taller male, his muscles were bulging against the fabric of his clothes and the only piece of jewelery he had on was the silver necklace hanging over his upper chest.

"Are you going to keep staring at me all day?" Victor smirks with his arm against the doorframe.

"I wasn't expecting you," Milo crosses his arms over his chest, trying to show annoyance but his eyes weren't deceiving anyone, he was curious but thrilled to have the dangerous man back at his door.

"I wasn't expecting you to barge into my life either," Victor pushes through Milo and enters the small apartment without asking for permission.

Milo rolls his eyes and closes the door behind with his back and keeps staring at the person he least expected to show up at his doorstep.

"What are you doing here?" He asks after noticing the male had no interest in explaining himself, but instead kept discovering the small space of his open living room.

"Nice place," Victor responds, completely ignoring the question, or rather stalling.

"That doesn't answer my question!" Milo sighs and walks to stand before the warlock invading his personal space, only then the height difference becomes intimidating for the shorter male.

"I couldn't stay away..." Victor confesses while making strong eye contact with the human, he lifts his right hand to cup his face and Milo wanted to scream bloody murder. "I can't stop thinking about what I saw in your head!"

"It's over now... It's all fixed, I don't understand why you're thinking about it!" Milo groans, frustrated but at the same time hating the reminder of it all being over.

"You killed yourself to give me a second chance at life..." Victor chuckles, eyes intensely staring at Milo's hazel orbs. "After the way I treated you and putting your life in danger repeatedly, you gave me a do-over." His palms caresses the human's face delicately, as if he would break him by pressing too hard.