8. Decisions

Published : January, 22nd, 2021.
Edited : ...

-
After Elijah's proposition, silence took over the air as Milo blinked dumbly, trying to process what they just asked him.

Did he want to shut off the bond? He didn't want to be marked or part of this mess in the first place, it annoys him that whenever he think about the light fairy, he can feel what the other is feeling, he hates that when he saw him that morning, he wanted to be closer to him, feel his touch and shrink in his arms. The bond was messing with him in the most annoying way possible, so yeah, he did want it to be shut off.

"Is it permanent?" He innocently asked but when the two males looked at each other, sharing a laugh, he knew how stupid it must've sounded.

Of course nothing can shut off a mark's bond forever.

"It's only temporary, it'd last as long as the magic is within your system but Toby would still feel his connection to you. Only you wouldn't." Elijah informed.

"Why are you doing this? I mean, what'sthe catch?"

"Milo, you've been marked against your will, it's a traumatic experience and your brain seems to be delaying the inevitable. I've been informed that you delivered yourself to The Montgomery's previously this morning to be murdered. I'm sorry but that's not bravery, it's called self-destructive behaviour and you seem to be engaging in a dark path." Elijah tried to reason with sympathy clouding his gaze, he wanted to explain more but he was afraid the human wasn't quite ready yet.

"You also weren't affected by London's aura which could've killed you," Victor added from behind, leaving out the part where he almost got himself killed in the most atrocious way by Arrow.

"It's not the mark, I chose to die to guarantee my brothers' safety. That was my personal choice." He argued, feeling the tears gathering in his eyes and blurring his vision.

"We don't doubt that you would give your life to save your brothers. Yet you don't seem like the kind who would go down without a fight.

"Does this mean I'm suicidal now?" He tried to laugh it off through the tears which confirmed Elijah's theory of him being an emotional wreck.

"Not exactly, you're lost, your thoughts are all over the place and so are your emotions. Your brain is fighting an entity which it wasn't designed to comprehend, you feel deprived of your freedom, you want to hate your mate but at the same you crave him secretly, it doesn't help that he can't be with you because of his husbands. A lot of things are happening at once, you're a mess, all we want to do is help you take control of your life for few days, maybe weeks if we're lucky." After Elijah's monologue, Milo's entire face was red and damp from the continous thread of tears that wouldn't stop.

He didn't make a sound or move but contented himself by staring at the two males. He didn't even know why exactly he was crying, yet he knew that deep down he was scared because Elijah managed to describe exactly everything he was feeling, like he was in his head.

"It's going to be okay..." Victor whispered gently as he stepped ahead and put his hand on Milo's shoulder, squeezing it with a confident look, not wavering for a millisecond.

"You were trying to kill me few hours ago. Now you wanna help?" Milo sniffed through the tears, his eyes were starting to hurt and he was feeling like shit.

"You aren't the only one going through a hurricane Milo, I don't know what to feel or think either. I'm lost as much as you are." He confessed, taking a seat by the human's side and holding his hand. "But I know it's going to be okay, I don't wanna hurt you anymore, I promise to protect you."