This Is The Last Time

ابدأ من البداية

Holding each other up the couple made their way to the giant escalator that would take them down to the doors, nudging each other's shoulders in turn in attempt to raise their spirits.

"I can't believe I got rid of my blanket," Jennifer sighed, stepping onto the metal contraption, Peter doing the same a mere millisecond later.

Shaking his head in amusement, Peter copied her action, taking an extra step down to stand next to her. "You still have the other one."

"It's not that one though," she whined softly, tilting her head back slightly to look up at Peter who simply laughed at her comment. The sound erased her longing to march back into the shop and demand to have everything returned to her. It was funny how a single sound could do that, completely obliterate any worries you had.

As the escalator was clearly in no rush to transport them to the bottom Jennifer decided to do a final sweeping glance at the shopping centre. She would miss the futuristic style of the place, from the somehow always spotless tiled floor to the domed glass roof to the balconies that served no purpose whatsoever but looked cool.

Her brain almost missed the sight the first time around, which would've had catastrophic repercussions, but luckily it registered before it was too late. Beginning to make their way up on the escalator next to the one Jennifer was going down on stood four particular individuals chatting and giggling away, each holding bags in their hands. Those individuals were of course Mary, Gale, Ellie and Rebecca, evidently on a shopping trip.

If they spotted her chaos would ensue. As far as they were concerned Jennifer had left for New York well over a month ago, never to be seen by them again. She wouldn't be able to come up with an explanation quick enough, not when she would be leaving for real in a few days. Simply put, she needed to prevent them from seeing her, and there was only one way she could think of doing that.

Turning in her spot ever so slightly Jennifer placed her hands on either side of Peter's face, taking him by surprise at the sudden action.

"Please go with it," she whispered quickly, her breath fanning across his skin for a few short moments before she pressed her lips onto his for the first time since their confessions weeks prior. Despite it being a survival tactic there was no less passion contained within each tiny movement, the type of passion that neither could properly explain, but it felt good, bringing forth a wave of joy that was impossible to find elsewhere.

After what seemed like eternity the steps levelled out below their, causing them to reluctantly split apart and step back onto solid ground, though Jennifer didn't waste a second in glancing over he shoulder, exhaling a breath of relief when she saw that her friends hadn't seen her, all of them now making their way into a jewellery shop.

"Sorry," she apologized to Peter, grabbing his hand as they headed out of the mall. "I didn't want to be spotted and, well, public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable."

"Totally fine," Peter replied with a lopsided smile and flushed cheeks.

Neither were accustomed to the feeling of kissing each other yet so it was no surprise that it made them both giddy. Jennifer believed she was better at hiding her feelings, but Peter saw the blush that matched his, along with the way she immediately titled her head down to avoid looking at him – almost like she was embarrassed, which, in a way, she was.

Feeling a tug on her arm, Jennifer looked up to Peter whose boyish grin was yet to leave his face. "I really like you Jenny."

With an involuntary smile in return, paired with a quiet laugh at his way of phrasing the statement, Jennifer winded her finger between his. "I really like you too Pete."