CHAPTER 6: BOND

Station 1: MATH GARDEN
Solve for the area of the garden. Then, compute for its volume using the fence's height for the volume computation. Express your answer in cubic meters, rounded off to three decimal places.

Station 2: GYMNASIUM
Count all the triangles formed by the joined/connected steel components of the gymnasium.

Station 3: PAGCOR Building
Students in PAGCOR Building are able to take part in baking, dressmaking, and welding.

⊙ 4 students take part in all three activities.
⊙ 17 students take part baking and dressmaking, but not welding.
⊙ 21 students take part in dressmaking and welding, but not baking.
⊙ 12 students take part in welding and baking, but not dressmaking.
⊙ 42 students take in baking only.
⊙ (x-2) people take part in welding only.
⊙ 16 students do not take part in any of these activities.

Given that there are 250 students in all, calculate the number of students who do not take part in dressmaking.

Station 4: PPP Building
There are 20 rows of seats on each room of PPP Building: 25 seats are in the first row, 27 seats on the second row, 29 seats on the third row, and so on. If there's a price per seat and that is P2,300, how much will be the total value for a whole day class if all seats are taken?

Station 5: SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL (SHS) BUILDING
Solve for the volume of the trash comtainer found in Math Garden. Express your final answer in cubic meters, rounded off to two decimal places. Use 3.14 as the value of pi.

Station 6: PATHWAY (SCHOOL ENTRANCE/ADMIN BUILDING)
While facing the ADMIN Building, measure a distance of 15m from the flagpole's base going to your right. From this distance, find the angle of elevation of the flagpole, and compute for the approximate height of the building (in meters).

Reading and answering those questions gave us an unpredictable expressions. We all have the information needed for us to solve those questions, but not because we gathered all those data we'll be able to answer that. We got 2 correct answers out of 6.

Matapos naming malaman ang score namin ay muli naming binalikan ang mga nasabing stations kasama ang aming coach for us to correct our mistakes on measuring and identifying each objects.

Hindi maipagkakaila na tunay ngang nakakamangha si Ma'am Lou, she explained clearly to us our mistakes on measuring. Matapos ang observation at pag-double ng mga ito ay nag-lunch na ako dahil kailangan ko pang pumasok sa Science class namin.

"Ate Jo, pasabi kay Ma'am Lou na pupunta na akong classroom ah, salamat po," pagpapaalam ko. "No worries," nakangiting tugon niya.

After hearing those words ay tinakbo ko na ang mga corridors. At exactly 12 pm ay narating ko na ang aming classroom. Pagkapasok na pagkapasok ko pa lang ay dumating na ang aming adviser na si Ma'am Siyensiya kasama ang isang practice teacher. "Good morning class, this is Sir Blue, our practice teacher," pagpapakilala ni Ma'am kay Sir pogi. "Good morning Ma'am and Sir!" Maligayang bati namin sa mga ito.
"O siya maiwan ko na kayo, si Sir na ang bahala sa inyo," pagpapaalam ni Ma'am. "Good day po Ma'am," we all said in chorus.

As soon as our adviser left the room, the discussion about lewis structure and symbol of the element on periodic table under the chemical bonding started.

Chemical bond is the mutual electrical attraction between the nuclei and valence electrons of different atoms that bind the atoms together. It's a force that holds groups of 2 or more atoms together and makes them function as a unit.

Valence electrons are the outermost electrons that are available to be lost, gained, or shared to form a chemical bond.

Atom is the smallest unit of an element. An atom is any particle of matter at its most basic level which contains at least one proton. They are defined as “the basic building blocks of matter”. Atoms in simple terms are defined as the smallest unit of matter. The building blocks of atoms are positively charged protons, neutral neutrons, and negatively charged electrons. Here are some examples of atoms: Neon (Ne), Hydrogen (H), Argon (Ar), Iron (Fe), Calcium (Ca), Plutonium (Pu), F^- (a fluorine anion), Protium (an isotope of hydrogen), and Deuterium (an isotope of hydrogen that has one proton and one neutron).

Molecule is a group of covalently bonded atoms. A molecule is defined as the smallest unit of a compound that contains the chemical properties of the compound. Molecules are made up of groups of atoms. A molecule is the smallest unit (particle) of a compound having the physical and chemical properties of that compound. This does not mean that molecules can not be broken down into smaller parts, e.g. the atoms from which they are formed or the fragments of the molecule, each consisting of several atoms or parts of atoms. A molecule is a collection of two or more atoms that make up the smallest recognisable unit into which a pure material may be split while maintaining its makeup and chemical characteristics. Some examples of molecules are H2O (water), NaCl (table salt), and N sub 2 or N2 (nitrogen).

There are 2 types of chemical bonds: Ionic Bonding and Covalent Bonding.

Ionic Bonding is a type of bond in which a metal and a nonmental transfer electrons. (IONIC = Metal + Nonmetal)

Covalent Bonding is a type of bond in which two or more nonmetal atoms share electrons. (COVALENT = 2 Nonmetals)

There are 2 types of Covalent Bonds namely, Nonpolar Covalent Bond and Polar Covalent Bond.

Nonpolar Covalent Bond is a covalent bond in which the bonding electrons are shared equally between the two atoms. Electrons are shared equally.

Polar Covalent Bond is a covalent bond in which the atoms have an unequal attraction for electrons and so the sharing is unequal. Electrons are not shared equally because of one atom attracts the shared electrons more than the other atom.

"Naintindihan ba class?" Tanong sa amin ni Sir Blue. "Kanina po may hindi na gets pero nakuha na rin naman po dahil na-explain niyo naman po ng maayos," tugon ng isa kong kaklase.

"Good to hear... Good day class! See you tomorrow, and don't forget to study chemical bonding. Again, good day!"

"Good day Sir!"

Matapos ang Science class namin ay dumiretso na ako ka-agad sa Math faculty.