CHAPTER 3: LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

Can you really fall in love at first sight? After our Professor asked this, I remembered again the day that this question became my reality. The world is a crazy place, just when you think you're beginning to understand something-suddenly there's a new information or idea that has you questioning everything.

After hearing the unexpected opportunity, I begin to doubt myself, makakaya ko ba ito? Si Rennie ang palaging representative ng mga tournaments na may kinalaman sa matematika, eh bakit naging ako ngayon?

Rennie is one of the greatest students that I have met, he's also one of the reason why I begin to love the complicated math. Lahat ng hinahangaan ko sa isang lalaki nasa kaniya na, ang ipinagtataka ko lang ay bakit ako ang napili to represent the whole grade 9 level?

The day after Mrs. Famous asked me to join the math trail team, the coach called me to come to the Math Department, and so I came.

As soon as I open the door, I saw this awesome guy who accidentally stole my heart and soul at first glance. Upon glancing my eyes on him, while completing his rubiks cube, our eyes met. The impact was so strong that my knees almost trembled as I sat on the chair, still glancing at him.

"Hello, Ms. Smite, can you hear me? What's wrong with you?" Bigla na lamang akong nagising sa ilusiyong muntik ng mabuo sa aking isipan ng biglang tapikin ako ng ka-teammate ko sa braso. "Ah-m, yes Ma'am, I-i'm fine," uttering those words as my mouth trembles.

"As I was saying, may iisang representative kada grade level, at kayong apat ang napili to represent our school for the upcoming Math Trail Competition this coming September 19, 2018." Halata sa aming mga mukha ang kabang dulot ng paligsahang ito kung kaya't binigyan kami ng isang linggo para pag-isipan itong mabuti.

Ilang gabi ko ring pinag-iisipan ang tournament at napag-isip-isip ko na wala namang mawawala kung susubukan ko, sabi nga ni Milton Berle, "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." Lots of opportunities come knocking if we are receptive, being a receptive person comes with a great responsibility, one should be open and responsive to ideas, suggestions, and opportunities. The mechanism is to recognize them, always recognize your opportunities for you to become confident and successful. After recognizing your opportunities, you need to decide whether or not to open that certain door. Without a doubt, I join the math trail team.

Exploring something I once hated and doubted is a door for me to embrace that hatred to become liking. As soon as I decided to join the pact, we practiced and trained right away.