12 / CAN WE KISS

warnings// homophobia/homophobic comments, fetishization of w/w relationships. if you don't feel comfortable reading it feel free to skip the part wherever you see this symbol "εïз" in the beginning and start reading wherever you see it again.

severance of love- chapter 12
nemuri and akiko meet / paparazzi

It was the last few days of June. By now Akiko's mom resided in jail. The charges were child endangerment and assault. It was worse when she found out she assaulted one of the top 3 heroes in Japan.

The look on her face was worth it.

Akiko on the other hand was doing much better. You asked if she wanted to do therapy and she agreed. It was going well. While you were out working she'd spend time with your mother. When she wasn't she would be with Roslyn.

You on the other hand had been wondering something.

"I want to adopt Akiko."

"And you should but not now. Let her heal first. She lost her mother." The last few words your mother spoke, stung your heart as she said them.

"The one she thought of since the moment she was born. Her mother did what I did but some people don't change. She knows that. Give her time to process it. When she's had time and maybe on her birthday you give her the papers"  Your mother reasoned.

"I've just been thinking about it for so long that I want to do it now."

"You will just be patient. Her birthdays next month so you will soon."

Her birthday was on the tenth of July. Not far. You already had your gift.

Never mind that. Today would be an interesting day. You would be partnered with Jirou for patrol for the next couple days.

You were supposed to be partnered with Mineta but you had your partners switched since he still was a bit perverted. Not as much but still. He got partnered with Shoji but that meant you were partnered with Jirou. You didn't understand why you were partnered with her. Aoyama and Tokoyami were both scheduled to go on patrol today.

Unfortunately really. You'd be coughing your ass off. She met you at your agency. She was standing there. She still had the same hero suit from high school. She didn't really change a thing. She did add better subwoofers. That was pretty much it. Her hair was a bit longer too.

"Let's go." She listened. The two of you walked in silence. It was quite awkward.

"How is everything?" She asked breaking the silence.

"It's good as it can be. You?" You replied. She shrugged.

"Uneventful. Nothing interesting. It's the same day everyday." She said. She sighed loudly. From the corner of your eye you could she her looking at you.

"H-How are things with you and Momo?" You asked reluctantly asked. As soon as it left your mouth you regretted it.

"Well um- We- ah man. I don't know. There's like this rough patch we're going through. She's not talking to me right now. Not as much as before. I don't know what wrong." Jirou replied concerned for her girlfriend. She looked as if she wanted to cry.

She always made this face, like she'd scrunch up her nose and bit the inside of her cheek. Her fists would be balled up and she'd hold her breath. Realizing this, you hugged her. Tightly.

"Stop it. You didn't do anything wrong. That's all Momo. She need time so give it to her. She'll tell you what's wrong. If you pressure her into a corner, she'll panic. It'll end up worse." You comforted her. She relaxed in your touch as you tensed in hers.