Secrets with JARVIS

Start from the beginning

"And the alternate universe receptor?" you fiddle with the device in your hands.

"Also connected properly and ready," JARVIS says with disappointment in his tone, even though he's simply a voice. "Cassidy, please tell someone."

You shove the device into your bag and make your way to the elevator, sneaking around the compound.

"And where are you off to?" Nat calls from the kitchen. 

"Just.....running an errand," you say slowly turning around, forcing a convincing facial expression.

"With who?" She takes a sip of her water.

You have no answer, and just find yourself looking at Nat.

"Cass, you know you need to go with someone," she looks at you confused. 

"I can't!" You say way louder than you anticipated, "Please, just keep this to yourself," you walk to the door.

"Cass...." Nat calls but it's quiet, "Just, come home safe."

You turn back around, "That's the plan." You step into the elevator and press the parking garage button.

"Crap," Nat sighs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You make it to an abandoned parking lot, 10 minutes or so outside of the city, to meet Ebony.

"This place is very welcoming. Why are we here?" you hear the voice you know so well.

"Loki?" You turn around a few times looking for him.

"I'm here, love, just hidden," Loki's voice rings in your mind again.

"Then how can I hear you?" you ask, still looking.

"Channeling into your mind. I heard you talking to Natasha before you left," Loki clears your confusion.

"Stay hidden. They can't know that someone came with me," you whisper.

"Will do. If you think what you would like to say, you do not have to speak it aloud. I will hear you," Loki answers.

"Hah. In any other situation, this would be extremely cool," you shake your head and smile.

You hear Loki laugh a little, "Who are you meeting anyway?"

"Yea, about that," you bite your top lip.

"If you say the one that works with Thanos...." you hear Loki grit his teeth in his words.

"Look, I have a plan," you start to say.

"Shit, Cassidy!" now Loki's furious.

Just when you're about to reply, you see a shadow approaching, "They're here. Don't...don't leave, ok? Keep talking to me." 

"I'm never leaving you again," Loki channels to you.

"You came alone. Smart girl," Ebony says now a few feet away.

"True to my word," You take a few steps forward.

"Stay back," Loki says.

"Did you bring it?" Ebony holds out her hand.

You pull out the device from your bag, and hold it in one of your hands, "To your specifications."

Ebony goes to take it from you, but stops, "Show us that it works."

"What? You trusted me to build it. You never said..." you take a step back, looking frightened.

"DO IT!" Ebony's voice echoes through the parking lot, a grin slowly growing on her face.

You fumble with the device in your hands a bit, taking two steps closer to Ebony again as you do. Two of your fingers now rest on buttons, "You know, you really should have actually trusted me."

Ebony's face loses its grin, while your face gains one.

You press both buttons simultaneously, and a light engulfs you and Ebony, emitting a muted boom.

"Cassidy!" Loki calls, now running over to you.

The smoke clears, and you're keeping your eyes closed for a second more. As you do, you feel Loki's hands on your shoulders, causing you to open them.

"Have you gone insane?!" Loki is staring into your eyes.

All you can do is pull Loki into a hug.

Loki sighs hugging you back, "You...need to stop doing things like this." 

"I know. I'm sorry," you pull away, "I'm ok though."

"And Ebony?" Loki moves his hand to your neck and side of your head.

You look down with a smirk, "In an alternate universe...."

Loki looks at you confused, "What?"

You purse your lips together, "I pressed 2 buttons. One sent Ebony to another universe, while the other put a shield in and around me."

"You tricked them?" Loki's voice is an asking tone, but also has hints of being impressed.

"I guess someone's mischief is rubbing off on me," you say causing you both to laugh, but then you wince in pain a bit.

"What is it?" Loki looks at you with worry again.

"It's just the shield leaving me," you hold Loki tighter to steady yourself.

"Even so, let's go back to the compound. Bruce will check you over to be sure," Loki puts his arm around you.

Before you can protest at all, Loki teleports you back to the compound.