Morning and Warning Alarms

Having the whole team in the compound for a dinner is one of your favorite things, especially after a successful mission. 

As dinner is finishing up, you feel Loki's hand graze yours under the table. The same tingling sensation still happens, even after almost 2 years. You're both still unsure as to what that and the energy ball exactly is, but it's the best feeling in the world right now.

Nat catches the smiles growing on both of your faces, and kicks your leg. You look-up at her and she has a clear, knowing expression. "Excuse me, Nat. May we have a word?"

You both stand and go out to the balcony. The second the door closes, Nat turns to you, "Ok, spill now! And don't say you have no idea what I'm talking about!"

"I....ok," you look down and laugh, "I was taking a nap when you guys returned from the mission, but was in the middle of a nightmare."

Nat's brows furrow. 

"Everyone had made it back, in pretty bad condition.....except for Loki; he didn't make it," you feel your smile fade at those last words. You pause and take a breath. "I woke-up to Loki in my room, and every emotion plus all of the feelings I've had for him just kind of flooded me all at once...."

Nat raises her eyebrows, "Andddd?"

"And....." you look down and back up at Nat biting your bottom lip, "I may have kissed him."

"I knew it! About time!" Nat says excitedly, "How was it?"

"Good....amazing. Thor calling for us of course interrupted," you shake your head still laughing.

"Oh.....OH!" The realization hits Nat, "Well, remember the doors have locks," she winks at you.

"NAT! No, we're not having this conversation. I'm going inside!" You turn and walk back in, Nat close behind you.

Everyone is cleaning up after dinner. Thor and Loki are talking in the living room now, as you approach them. "Nat knows," you say to Loki, as his smile beams down at you, causing one on you as well. 

"Loki caught me up as well, lady Cassidy," Thor says patting Loki on the back. Loki rolls his eyes, only for you to see, making you laugh. 

Clint calls from the kitchen with the others, "By the way, we are all aware!" 

The four of your heads turn to the kitchen to see that everyone had been paying attention to your conversation, Tony and Pepper included. "Why don't we just put up a billboard in Times Square," you say.

"I could probably arrange that," Tony, who was cleaning some dishes, looks up at you with a smirk on his face. 

"You're losing your humor, dad. Watch it over there!" You say pointing at him. 

A few hours later, you're laying in your bed when there's a knock on your door. You look over to see Loki leaning in your doorframe. "Hi," you smile, "Come in." You pat the empty space on the bed next to you.

"Hi. Look, you do not have to explain anything to me...." Loki's eyes meet yours, "but can you tell me about the nightmare you were having earlier today before we....?" Lust brews in his eyes.

You break eye contact, knowing you'll kiss him again if he keeps looking at you like that. "Sure," your hands fold into themselves. "You had all returned from the mission, Pepper and I were in the kitchen. Everyone came in....except for you." Loki's hand reaches to be on top of yours. "You didn't survive." You finally bring your gaze back to his, trying to hide the break in your voice.

"Cassidy...." Loki puts his other hand on your cheek, his thumb rubbing circles at your bottom lip. He leans into you, giving you an ever so light kiss. "Understand that I am never leaving you again."