Chapter 7: Beast Of The Bog

Start from the beginning

"So you must be the beast of the bog that I've heard so much about" I said to the creature

The creature aimed its staff at me and made a weird clicking sound like it was saying something to me

"Hate to tell you this but I didn't understand a single world you said to me

Just then the creature slammed its staff down onto the ground, at first nothing happened but then, massive vines erupted from the ground and started to attack me. While the vines attacked, the creature opened its mouth causing a purple cloud to slowly creep out. Everything the cloud touched died, they was the toxic cloud that was killing everything. The fungi growing on the back of the creature began shoot out these spores. A warning message popped up in front of me telling me something.

"Warning Paralysis Spores Unleashed: Keep Distance"

"Like I didn't already know that" I said to myself as I dodged a vine

The creature was doing all that it could to keep me away from it and stopping me from attacking it. Some of the cloud touched my legs and immediately I felt an immediately pain. The burning sensation caused me to fall to a knee, I noticed some blood dripping from my nose. My Toxin Immunity was doing all that it could to keep me from being poisoned. Even still, I was being damaged by the toxic cloud the creature was producing.

"This needs to end now" I said firing multiple shots at the creature cutting down some vines in the process

The creature got hit but the bullet holes instantly fixed themselves like nothing had even happened. One of the paralysis spores landed next to me, immediately a mushroom grew out of the ground. That mushroom then began to spread its own paralysis spores creating more mushrooms and so on, repeating the process.

"This just keeps getting better and better" I said to myself

I kept doing what I was doing, avoiding attacks from vines while avoiding a gas cloud and toxic spores. Still when I could get a few hits on the creature, it would simply regenerate the damage I did. Something needed to give and I sure as hell wasn't going to, this thing needed to die now. Just then another window appeared in front of me.

"Perception Skill Leveled up: Skill Upgraded
New Passive Skill Acquired: Weak Point"

Immediately as the skill activated, I could see a glowing light coming from the chest of the creature. It wasn't a heart, it looked more like a core of some sort. That must of been the creature's weak spot, if I hit that then the creature wouldn't be able to regenerate.

"Got you now asshole" I said with a grin

The creature made another clicking sound and then it spun its staff around before slamming it down. Just then, a giant vine appeared behind the creature. It then aimed its staff at me and made a loud screaming noise which hurt my ears.