Chapter 40

Brads POV
I held the gun up to him. And pulled the trigger. I was pissed. I threw the gun down and bent down next to Carrie. I took her hand. I pulled out my phone and called Luke.
*Call*
L- "hey. Whats up"
B- "I need some help.. Mike raped Carrie again, for the 5th time and I shot him"
I explained while holding Carries hand.
L- "damn. Are you guys at your house or Miranda and Blake's?"
B- "our house. I'm gonna call Blake and Ran too"
L- "alright... Caroline and I will be right there"
B- "thanks man"

I hung up and looked at Carrie. She was crying so hard. "It's okay... I'm here baby girl..." I whispered to her. I stood up and walked over to the door. I picked up her clothes and walked back over to her. I carefully and gently slide on her shirt and her underwear and leggings. She was hurt. I am the worst husband. I am supposed to protect her, make sure she's happy, make sure she's okay. But I haven't. I haven't ever since they day I met her. Especially since the day I told her. That I love her. I pulled her onto my lap and heard the door. I didn't look up to see who it was. I just looked at Carrie. She had her eyes closed and I could feel her heart thumbing. "Hey... I called an ambulance.." I heard Luke say. I finally looked up and Caroline and Luke were quietly standing there. "We need to get out of here... What the hell am I supposed to do. I'm the worst damn husband anyone could ever have. I keep letting her get hurt.." I continued.

Carries POV
I had my eyes closed but I could still hear everything. Brad was talking to someone. I don't know who but it sounded like Luke. "I keep letting him hurt her and I can't do it anymore.." I heard Brad say. "I have no damn idea.. What to do.." He said.

Brads POV
They didn't say anything. Probably because they knew I was right or because they had no idea either. I looked away and pulled my phone out. I called Blake.
*Call*
Blake- "hey man"
Brad- "I shot him"
Blake- "damn. We'll be over"
Brad- "alright"

I hung up and threw my phone across the room. They ambulance got here and ran over to Mike. They put him on a stretcher and ran out of our house then put Carrie on a stretcher and took her to the hospital. A police officer walked up to me. Dammit. I'm gonna get arrested. "Mr Paisley" he started. "I shot Mike Fisher. Yes. I shot him because he was raping my wife. All he does is rape my wife and tell her things he doesn't want to hear" I said. "We will talk to Ms Underwood when she recovers..." He said then walked away. Ms Underwood. What the hell no. It's Mrs Paisley. That pissed me off too. Miranda and Blake were here, talking to Caroline and Blake. "I'm going to the hospital" I yelled to them as I shut the garage door. I got in one of my Camaros and started driving.

Miranda's POV
Carrie is hurt again. Brad left. Caroline, Luke, Blake and I were all standing in Brad and Carries empty house, by ourselves. "What the hell are we going to do" I said. "We have to do something" Caroline said. "I hope that asshole dies" Blake said. We all looked at eachother and agreed.