He's in a Lonely City

Start from the beginning

Alberto took in a sharp breathe. He wanted to say yes. As much as he didn't exactly vibe with the building, he wanted to just twirl Luca and say of course. But he didn't want to leave Massimo alone, not after everything he had done for him.

"Luca, I..."

He thought about Andrea. Alberto knew he would stick up for Luca. Perhaps not in the way he wished to do at the moment but he was sure he would be Andrea's punching bag if he just left Luca alone.

"Alberto, what if I umm..." Luca took a step back and held Alberto's hands in his own, gently pulling downward so Alberto was more at face level. Luca went forward with caution and shyly- with the weight of a ladybug- gave Alberto a peck on the cheek. It was probably the shortest kiss known in the universe. Alberto took in a short breathe and could feel a sudden bead of sweat going down his neck.

Luca waited for Alberto to give an answer, to take him into his arms. He held himself shyly.

"Sorry." Luca muttered, laughing it off.

Alberto could feel himself panicking. Luca liked him too, it was obvious but, if they are still a bit down without each other, how much worse would it be if they were together. Alberto kept his mouth shut, not answering but he didn't want Luca to think he was going to leave because of the kiss he had givin him.

So with that idea in mind, he thought it would be best to return the favor. He looked at Lucas eyes then lips. Luca gulped but nodded furiously, his cheeks reddening and eyes tightening shut.

As Alberto leaned closer, he quickly told Luca in a hushed tone:

"This doesn't mean yes or no. But you mean so much to me, Luca. I hope you always know that."

Luca opened his eyes in surprise at Alberto's kind words just at the moment that Alberto kissed him.

They didn't move their lips much but both of them could feel the outer corners of their lips going up. One of Alberto's hands rested on Lucas side and Luca placed a hand on Alberto's face.

The kiss only lasted 5 seconds. Suddenly Luca let out a hiccup, interrupting the kiss. He covered his mouth in an apologetic manner, stepping back in embarrassment.

Alberto gave him a soft smile, taking him in for another hug and smooching the side of Luca's temple. Alberto whispered a quick good-bye and ran out of the classroom doors.

Luca smiled at the flowers on his wrists and clutched them to his chest. He sat down at his desk and stared up at the plain ceiling dreamily, tears going down his face and staining the empty city.

Alberto wiped the tears the had come up and past the dance hall. Then he saw him. The one who caused him so much worry and pain. The one who made this night less than tolerable. Andrea waved at him, giving him a cheerful smile. Alberto tried his best to smile back and tried not to clench his teeth. Giulia was standing next to Andrea, giggling about a joke he just made.

Giulia, seeing Alberto, went to him and asked where Luca was.

Alberto said he had already returned back to Giulias home.

"Luca is too cool for this dump." And on that last word, he gave Andrea a knowing smile.

Giulia nodded, and said she had wished she had seen more of both of them. Alberto scoffed a bit at that but managed to give her a short hug before leaving.

Alberto admittedly had found Giulia annoying and loud. If she asked him if she was too much, he would find a kind yet blunt way of saying yes.

"Too much?"