THIRTEEN

Update 13
Word count: 1404

2 months. It passed like a flash. And in these 2 months, lot more things happened. Dhruv and Alya moved in together, Mukti was introduced to Nandini's family and they accepted her gradually. They were serious in the beginning but eventually as they started understanding the depth between Abhi and Mukti, they accepted them.

It was another normal day at college. I was missing cabir's presence but he couldn't text me properly due to the time difference and his studies. He was continuing the course in one of London's prestigious university. Ranbir and his wife were taking care of uncle but doctors had told not to hope much.

And I have been teasing Nandini since she drank. The way she scrunches her nose every time I give her a new nickname, makes her more cute. Without Harshad's nagging, our love life in college was surprisingly going on good.

Nandini, Mukti, Dhruv, Alya, Cabir, Abhimanyu and Maa-Baba - this has been my world since 7 months. And our semester exams started taking my  attention more towards it. I was being studious whenever I wanted to and at other times, I used to give time to my people.

But Nandini wasn't taking the exams seriously. She used to spend most of her time around me and music, which apparently in the current situation wasn't appreciative. I tried to explain it to her but her mood would get all cranky. So I left the decision to her.

And that night, she took me to her house in her car. It was a special one but I definitely knew she had no idea. As she turned off the ignition, I looked sideways.
"What?" She asked.
"Nothing, umm you've brought me to your home, and it's late. If anyone sees?" I asked her and she sarcastically smiled understanding that I was kidding.

"We're in the car Manik. No one will know and if they see the car, they'll think that I've reached." She said smirking and I nodded.
"We're alone, it's midnight and there's no one else around us. So what else are we waiting for?" She asked in a different tone and I widened my eyes.

"For?" I asked gulping the lump.
"For talking! Hours and hours!" She exclaimed sarcastically and smiled. I smiled nervously.
"Want a chocolate?" She asked showing me a dairy milk.
"No I hate chocolates." I said and her face fell. I hated chocolates since I was a kid.

And the air around us turned completely awkward. Breaking the silence I asked her what was on my mind.
"Nandini can I kiss you?" And she immediately turned towards me as if she was waiting for me to ask.
"Okay but just one." She said cutely and I giggled.

Moving closer, I was going to kiss her when my hand suddenly pressed the honk. I sat back with a jerk.
"I didn't do anything." I shouted justifying to no one.
"Relax Manik." She giggled and I calmed down.
"I kissed you." I said and smirked.
"When?" She asked confused.

"Just now, I kissed your cheek." I said smiling.
"You were done just with that?" She asked keeping a bored face and I was taken aback. She was surprising me.
"Then..What.. " I fumbled and she sat on me keeping her legs in between mine.

"Nandini what are you doing!" I shouted as she pushed the seat down. Throwing herself over me, she stared at my eyes.
"Think. If you kiss you've to marry-"
And I didn't let her complete. I pecked her lips instantly and she gasped. Then she started giggling.
Then she placed her lips over mine.

"Wait." I said and her brows furrowed.
"Its 12. Happy Birthday Nandini." I said and pecked her forehead. She smiled widely.
"And I'll give your gift tomorrow." I said.
"I don't need it." She said.
"Because I already have it." She completed after a while.

"I didn't get you." I said confused.
"I've you duffer. That's enough." She said making me smile brighter.
And then I asked her to drive to a place.

When we reached, she gasped looking at the beautiful sight. It was a lakeside and there were fireflies that she adored. They were brightly glowing under the moonlight and the stars.
"This is beautiful Manik." She exclaimed.
I took out the table and chairs from the car and set up the food parcel on it. We fed each other and finally, we sat under the stars staring at them.

"You didn't complete something you were supposed to." I said making her go red. She looked at me and looked sideways.
"God knows where we are Manik and you want to finish your unfinished business here?" She asked rolling her eyes.
I pulled her back and she gasped due to the sudden act.

"Then get inside the car." I said and she slapped my shoulder laughing.
We made our way to the car and then it was our long night making out.
The stars and fireflies witnessing our love, we felt complete that night.

The next morning, rushing to the college, I rushed to the college early and stood near the classroom wall. Opening the box, I looked at the ring smiling. I was officially going to ask her to be mine forever. Taking out the book, I started revising for the exam while she came behind me.

"What?" I asked.
"You didn't drop a single message after night?" She asked angrily.
"If it was important you could've called me. I was busy." I said wantedly teasing her.
"Huh? Busy? From now only? What kept you busy from your so beautiful girlfriend whose birthday happens to be today?" She asked and I controlled my laughter.

"I shouldn't have proposed you so soon. And shouldn't have kissed you also. It was my mistake. And from now onwards, all this is banned." She scoffed and started moving ahead. I pulled her wrist.

"Finish your exam soon and meet me near the canteen." I said and her eyes twinkled.
"Yes. Now go. All the best." I wished and she pecked my cheek.
Just now she said everything banned and she kissed me in seconds. ;)

Smiling, I went in and wrote the last exam of the semester. Packing my things, I made my way to the canteen and saw her sitting on the bench. She was talking to Cabir who had called to wish her. And the others wished her last night itself. Her family wished her the morning and Maa-Baba were in Pune so they video called her.

"Someone was complaining that I don't give attention." I said and sat beside her.
"Accha bhai I'll call you later. The monster's sulking." She said giggling and the next second she went red. Sure Cabir must have teased. Taking the phone away from her, I kept it inside my pocket.

"Manik!" She shouted and I didn't care.
"Okay how was your paper?" She asked.
"Seriously? You're asking about studies?" I asked and she narrowed her eyes.
Taking out a big chocolate, she started eating and I kept a disgusting look.

"Why're you eating that?" I asked furrowing my brows and she got annoyed.
"What is your problem with chocos Manik! I love chocolates." She complained like a kid.
"And I hate chocolates." I said with anger and she smirked.

"For me have one no." She said and forwarded the chocolate making me move back.
"Nandini no! I hate them yaar." I said in disgust and jerked her hand. The bite fell down and she looked at me angrily. And she smiled naughtily.
"Okay you'll like it this way." She said and kept the bite between her teeth.

And she came forward mumbling to have it. I went behind and she chuckled seeing my irritated face. I wanted to propose her and this lady was busy in spoiling my mood. I had planned everything and I had to take her somewhere but the unfortunate person showed up to ruin my mood more.

The pig-donkey hybrid came infront of us.
"Love birds. So pathetically cute." He scoffed and I rolled my eyes. Nandini immediately backed off and ate the chocolate.
"If he doesn't want it, then I'll definitely taste one. Common let's take a bite." He said smirking and I lifted my hand to punch his face.

Nandini stopped me.

But Harshad had other plans.

To be continued

Yeeeee!
We hit 1k+ reads!

Thank you readers!