THREE

Update 3
Word count: 1602

As my admiring session ended, she looked sideways and checked the time in her watch. I knew she was tensed and wanted to talk to someone. So I offered my phone.
"Hey, if you're comfortable, then speak to your family. Here."

"Why? Should they also get tensed like me? I'll call them morning." She said and I rolled my eyes.
At the same time, Cabir called and I picked it up.

"Aunty! See he finally received the call." He said and I widened my eyes. Maa was in the call. Shit!
"Manu, what the heck! I tried so many times, why didn't you receive my calls?" She immediately shouted and I chuckled.

"Maa Maa..calm down. I was actually kinda busy." I said looking at her and she understood it.
"Yeah aunty. Saale ne naya ladki jo dhoond liya hai." He said and that's it, I felt like punching him through the phone. But it's highly hypothetical.

"What! Girl? Who's She?" And now she started. I knew she was smirking.
"Maa! Don't believe this joker. There's nothing like that." I cribbed and I could see her smiling. Probably, she was admiring our mother-son rants.

"Shut up. Give the phone to her." She said and I was taken aback.
"Maa? How? I mean Why? It'll be so uncomfor-"
"I said give Manik." She said more seriously and I could hear Cabir giggling.

"Fine!" I huffed and passed the phone to her. She was confused.
"Why are you giving me the phone?" She asked. In fact, she shouted.
"Are Maa wants to talk to you. Don't worry. She won't eat you up." I laughed dryly and she took it reluctantly.

"Hello..hi Aunty." She said being all awkward. I asked her to put the phone on speaker. She did so.
"Hello beta, you are?" Mom asked in her ever so sweet voice. Huh! Why couldn't she talk to me like that?!

"I'm Nandini." She replied.
"Uh..how did you land up with the monkey Nandu?" Cabir asked this time and she looked at me.
"Umm..you are?" She asked.
"Cabir. Unfortunately his best friend." He stated in his over dramatic tone.

"Cabir! Stop it. Beta, where are you guys? You must be reaching right?" Maa asked.
"Actually aunty we missed the train so we're in some station that's 8 hours away from Mumbai." She said casually and I facepalmed. This girl is so innocent.

"What! You guys missed the train together?" Maa firstly seemed shocked but then she took the chance to tease us.
"He missed the train? That is why I asked him to come by flight." Baba was nagging.

Oh god! Why did you have to give such daily soap high melodramatic actors as my parents? I so wanted to shout this loud but I settled myself.
Looking at her awkward expressions, I sighed.