🔪 Chapter 22: Be Careful Who You Trust (UPDATED)

Edited on: 05/03/2024

Aurora's POV

We already got our food and we were just talking about our day. Heather kept on ranting about the amount of homework she needed to do while Eddie and I were just listening to her and nodding our heads like always.

"So where have you been all day, Ro?" Heather asked.

"Um... I happened to meet someone with a familiar face," I said.

Eddie and Heather just look at me and we exchange some looks.

"Don't tell me it's Stefan. Cause if it is Stefan, that's impossible. We haven't seen him in years." Heather said.

I clear my throat and scratch my head. They look at me again and they start to look concerned.

"No way. You're not serious." Heather said.

"I'm serious. It is Stefan." I reassured her.

"How can you be sure? It's probably the old switching places trick again." Heather replied.

"I was there with him. We were just talking to each other earlier."

I look at Eddie and his eyes are filled with concern.

"Eddie, do you have anything to say about this?" Heather asked.

We exchanged some looks with each other and Eddie let out a soft sigh.

"I don't know, Ro. He switched places with Stefan years ago and we know he's still out there. We just need to be more careful and don't let our guard down." Eddie said.

"I know that. But he proved a lot of things to reassure that he is the real Stefan." I said.

"Still... I made a promise to protect you. I don't want you to get hurt again." Eddie said.

Heather patted him on the shoulder.

"Only you?" She asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I mean - we don't want you to get hurt again." Eddie rephrased what he said.

"I get it. And thank you guys. I'll be more careful, I promise. But also, I need to learn how to protect myself. I was so weak and I wish I could've done something." I said.

"We understand that, love. But you are not weak. We were young and it was all sudden and shocking for you and us." Eddie said. "We just want you to know that we're here for you but also we need to be careful with other people."

"Yeah, what he said. Let's just go and finish our food. I just want to get some rest." Heather said.

We nodded and continued eating our food. I stopped for a while and I opened my mouth again.

"Heather, Eddie... I'm sorry. You're right, I should have been more careful." I said.

"No, you don't have to be sorry, Ro," Eddie said.

"Yeah, and it's alright. I guess we're just being overprotective of you." Heather said.

"I have a suggestion though. How about we'll try to meet Stefan soon?" I suggested to them and they looked at each other.

"Um... we'll think about it, Ro," Eddie said. "It's best if we try not to do anything with him for a while."

Heather just gives a thumb and continues stuffing her face.

I nodded. "Alright."

After a few minutes, we finished our food and we decided to head back to our dorms.

We head inside the building and I felt someone grabbed my hand. It was just Eddie.

"Hey, are you busy later?" He asked.