Chapter 15

"Thank you so much, you're the best aunt in the world." You said, as you two walked out of her room after she gave you what you needed, inside a small, thin wooden box.

"I'm flattered, but won't your aunt Daniela be jealous?" She teased, before patting one of your shoulders.

"Ow!" You moaned when you felt a little bit of pain.

"Is it hurting here too?" She asked looking shocked and you nodded. "Dear, how rough was he with you?"

Your cheeks reddened again and you looked away with a smile on your face.

"It was worth it. And she's my favorite aunt too."

"We're your only aunts." She said between laughs. 

"I know, but don't question it." You laughed.

"Honey, I wanted to ask you something." She said as she gently placed her hand on your shoulder so you wouldn't feel pain.

"What?"

"In two days, Luca, Giulia and you will return to Genova, but wouldn't you like to stay here?"

As soon as she asked you that, your eyes lit up with that possibility. It would be more than amazing to be able to always be close to your whole family, close to Alberto and see him every day.

"I know this question sounds silly, but who would I live with?" You asked.

"With who? With me of course, I'm loving your company, more than I thought I would, how you finished school, you can go work with me at the Barone's, not to mention that your first boyfriend in life lives here."

The offer to stay became more and more tempting. But suddenly, you thought of something, which made you feel discouraged. If you stayed in Portorosso, your father would be alone there and you didn't want that to happen.

"But... What about my father?" You asked.

She became thoughtful.

"You still have two days to think about this proposal, but whatever you decide, it's okay."

You smiled at her and enveloped her in a hug.

"I never said that, but... You're like the mother I never had."

That phrase touched the deepest place in her heart. She wanted you to stay and so did you, but you needed encouragement. Giovanna decided that the next day, she would go to the train station.

You returned to your room, where Giulia was already waiting for you reading a book. Hearing someone enter the room, she looked up from her book and smiled at you.

"Where have you two gone?" She asked.

"She wanted to give me some guidance, I really needed it." You answered as you opened your suitcase and put the box with the condoms in it.

"With everything that happened today, we didn't have a lot of time to talk and catch up." She said, as you lay down beside her and covered yourself.

"Now we have." You responded with a smile.

"So tell me, how was your night?" Giulia asked, looking very interested in knowing every detail.

Now a little more informed about that subject, you began to feel immensely embarrassed to talk about it with Giulia, despite the fact that she is your best friend.

The next day, Luca was very excited, as he was going to introduce Guido to his parents and grandmother for the first time before the day he'd return to Genova. On the other hand, Guido was extremely nervous, despite his boyfriend having assured him that his parents had no problem with him dating someone of the same sex as him.