Chapter 14

A/N: Guys, when I did calculations to know what year the characters in the film were probably born, I ended up finding out that if Alberto was a real person, today he would be the same age as my father, that's so weird lol

Going up the stairs to reach Giulia's room, you felt bad seeing your cousin like that, crying nonstop and gorging on ice cream.

Alberto and you looked at each other with worried looks and approached him.

"Hey baby, are you alright?" You asked in a sweet tone of voice, sitting down next to him.

"Can't you tell? No, because you two were too busy." He replied between sobs.

Giulia said he would get over it, but in that moment, it felt like his sadness would last forever and his broken heart would never heal. Although it was a little rude, Alberto and you were understanding, he was feeling sick.

"Do you want to tell us what happened?" Alberto asked. "You might feel better if you unburden yourself."

Luca sat up in bed, took another handkerchief from his side and blew his nose, his big round eyes were red from so much he cried that night.

"It's Guido." He muttered, before sniffling. "He said we couldn't see each other anymore."

"But why? From what you told us..."

"I know." He said interrupting Alberto. "But he said his parents would never accept us together and so... we have to distance ourselves from each other."

Luca has barely finished his sentence and has started to cry again. You hugged him and gently patted him on the back.

"There, there, it'll be fine." You said.

"No, it'll not." He said as he tightened his arms around you.

Alberto approached and hugged him too.

"Everything will be okay, buddy." Alberto said.

Soon, Giulia also joined the loving embrace.

Despite everything, feeling  you three there, wanting to share his pain and spending that really hard moment always by his side, made Luca feel a little better than he was.

Not much, but it was a start.

"I love you all so much." He muttered tearfully.

"We love you too, cuz." You said.

"And we'll always be here for you." Alberto said.

A few moments later, you started to hear loud noises against the wooden door, coming from outside the house.

"Guido?" Luca said hopefully, without thinking twice about going down and opening the door, soon becoming disappointed and sad to see that it was Massimo and Giovanna, who had returned from their date.

"Wow, glad our presence cheers you up." Massimo said sarcastically.

"Honey, this is not a good time for these comments." Giovanna said, before approaching Luca and wiping her tears. "Sweetie, what happened?"

"Heartbroken." Giulia answered her when you guys came down to check on him.

Giovanna was soon touched, as she remembered when her ex-husband cheated on her, she asked for a divorce and they divorced, but she inevitably continued to love him for some time before falling in love with Massimo.

"Awww dear." She said as she wrapped her arms around his body and hugged him.

After a while, you heard someone else knock on the door, but he had already given up hope.