Chapter 7

After the rain passed, Luca opened the kitchen windows and smiled when he saw that it was no longer raining and there was nothing more in the sky than the full moon illuminating the small town with its silver light and the fascinating stars shining like small diamonds glued on the sky.

Although it was night, he really wanted to try a game that Giulia told him that was a lot of fun: Jump in the puddles of water that formed and now he didn't need to be afraid to reveal himself anymore.

He joined the other kids and they were about to start the game when a girl in a red dress and curly brown hair arrived and nudged him on the shoulder.

"Yes?"

"My friend wanted me to give this to you." She said, handing him a paper folded in half and soon after, left.

Soon, everyone was curious to know what it was about, especially himself.

"What is this?" He asked, while analyzing the paper from the outside.

"Why don't you open and find out?" Chiara asked. "Come on, we're curious."

"Okay, I'm going to open it now." He said while opening the note. It was a poem, written in a beautiful cursive handwriting.

"Your eyes are hazel

Your beauty is stunning

I love looking at you

Your shy way is so charming

I won't tell you who I am, I don't want to scare you

But this moment at the pier I hope I can find you"

"Are you thinking the same as me?" Serena said enthusiastically.

"I know, right? Why only the end the rhyme is so poor?" Manuel said.

Everyone started making a racket about the fact that Luca had a secret admirer and who they could be, while the young sea monster was feeling confused. The reason was obvious, he had never been the target of someone's affection before, but at the same time, he felt he needed to know who had written that to him.

"I'm going to see who it is." He decided, taking a step forward and started on his walk to the pier.

"Tell us who the person is after, okay?" A boy named Manuel shouted at him.

Luca smiled, rolled his eyes and shook his head.

Meanwhile...

It was just over a day since you met him, but it was as if you had known him all your life, you felt in your heart that what you felt for each other wasn't just a simple youthful crush that ends when the summer's over.

After that, you felt much more confident to talk to someone, for the first time, about your thalassophobia, which haunted you from a very early age, even though you don't remember entering the sea before.

"Are your nightmares that horrible?" He asked in a sweet voice.

"Yes, they are, I sink and sink, but I can't swim to the surface, it seems that something prevents me, or I am so paralyzed with fear, that I am unable to move." You murmured, with your head resting on his lap, as he stroked the scales on your head with his fingertips.

"... But think, that coming here has opened up a world of new possibilities for you."

"How?" You asked.

"What? Didn't you like meeting me?" He asked between laughs.

"No, of course I liked it, don't put words in my mouth, young man!" You said, getting more laughs out of him.