Chapter 4

A/N: Oh my gosh guys, I still can't believe it's already over 1000 views, I didn't believe I'd get this far in such a short time, all thanks to you guys, I appreciate it so much. So without further ado, Chapter 4

"Oh what were you saying, darling? Did you have any displeasure?" She asked in a sweet voice and motherly care, turning her attention to Luca.

You breathed a sigh of relief, the teasing was over, at least for a while. As inviting as Giulia's stepmother was to receive confidences, the young sea monster soon became discouraged when Alberto and you arrived.

"It's nothing, it's just that I was a little worried about their delay." He replied, forcing a smile and hoping he looked convincing.

"Awwww you don't have to worry, silly." Alberto said, wrapping his arms around his body and tickled him playfully.

"Ok, ok stop it!" Luca said between adorable laughs.

You couldn't help but smile, they had such a lovely friendship.

"Okay dear, but you know that whenever you want to vent, I'm here." She said, while stroking his curly hair.

You soon swallowed when she looked at you again and raised an eyebrow.

"Then..."

"What do we have for dinner today, madame?" Alberto asked, purposefully interrupting her so she wouldn't embarrass you.

"Oh and speaking of dinner, I think it's time to take it out of the oven. I'll be right back, my lovelies!" She said and promptly walked back to the kitchen.

"Thanks again." You thanked him and smiled at him.

"So, what did you think of the city?" Giulia asked you. "It's beautiful, right?"

"It's quite charming indeed, It's only the first day and this is my 1st vacation, but everything already is as I imagined it would be, in a good way." You answered.

"I still can't believe you spent 19 years of your life stuck at home, like how you were, Luca." She said as she elbowed him lightly.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yea, my dad is kind of... Okay, he's very overprotective with me. I still don't know how he allowed me to spend the summer here." You said, while lightly tapping the tip of your fork on your plate.

"He must have finally understood that living confined in a tiny space, when you have a whole world outside to live in, wasn't good for you." Luca said.

You smiled when you saw that he might be starting to like you.

"Well, I don't have big ambitions to travel around the world, but if I can be able to make that decision, it'll be enough for me ..."

Your faces turned toward the kitchen as you smelled the magnificent aroma of your aunt's food.

"Is it gnocchi?" You asked with bright eyes, it was your favorite food.

"Yes, I hope it'll please your little stomachs." She said, as she placed the platter in the middle of the table. "I can already see you cooking for your little Albertos and little Y/Ns in a few years."

You dropped your head on the table and hid your flushed face in your arms.

"Aunt, stop."

"Only when you two admit to me that you like each other." She replied, while sitting at the table with the four of you.

After dinner and eating cannoli for dessert, you settled in the living room to chat while Aunt Gi did the dishes.

"Wow, it's already late, I think it's time for us to go home guys." Alberto said.