Freedom is Zayn. He took me under his wing the minute I joined the team, always making sure I was ok and cared for. He included me in every activity, kept me up to date on each bit of progress, and never turned me away when I wanted to learn more. Zayn is wired to care for others. It's a pre-disposition to feel concern. He loves deeply and manifests it with every interaction. I've always been inspired by that.

Freedom is Babz. It took a while for her to warm up to me, only seeing me as the dumb kid who didn't know any better. Babz only joined the team because she had nothing else. A life on the streets with no family meant her days were numbered, but Zayn and Harry gave her something to hold onto. A roof over her head, money in her bank, food on the table. Never having to fear for her life again. Because of this, she is fiercely loyal to her people. She'll do whatever she must to protect them. She's done it countless times for me.

Freedom is Atlas. In everything she does, her kindness pours out. Despite the trauma she's faced, she will always give people the benefit of the doubt, will always show warmth even in the coldest of storms. Atlas is a light among darkness, a star amongst nothingness.

And I have betrayed her.

On the day I first met Hugo, I had never heard of Atlas Hall. She was just another person in the city trying her best to make do. But suddenly, I had to know everything about her, and make sure Harry did too.

I was walking home after meeting Louis for lunch when two men approached me. At first, I didn't question it. I tried to move on, assuming they were a couple of drunks looking for trouble. They followed me, even when I ran to escape. As they pulled me into an alley, I came face to face with the person orchestrating this whole thing.

Hugo Charles.

I knew of him because of Harry's relationship with his daughter, which had ended not so long ago, but I'd never seen himself myself. I tried to run, tried to push the men away. It was foolish to even think I could. Because even then, I knew that Hugo was not a man to mess with. I'd overheard stories from Harry when I shouldn't have been listening, caught onto the fact that he may have been crueller than he lets the public believe. And in that moment, I was stuck with him.

He approached me in the darkness of the cool London evening, and began informing me of his plans. 'Since my daughter couldn't keep up, I have to look elsewhere to get what I want,' he told me.

I didn't understand. I told him I hadn't done anything, I just worked with the person that broke his daughter's heart. I even apologised for the money that I may have helped Harry to steal, assuming it was about that, but he only laughed.

'Money isn't the issue here, boy. I have money. I will always have money. What Harry has will only last for a short time before he needs more. He will always have to steal it, whereas I decided to work for it. He's just like his father, and she's just like hers.'

At first, I thought he was referring to Babz. The only woman involved to the same extent as Harry. But he laughed at this, louder than the first. The sound cut through me, slicing at my skin and seeping into my veins. Such a sharp tone, malicious in intent. The two men had a hold on my arms so I was completely at his mercy, and I couldn't help but shake in fear at what was in store for me.

'You haven't met her yet, but you will. You're going to help me, George. I have a special task for you.'

As if it would ever mean anything, I refused. I told him I'd never work for him; I'd never be another of his puppets. But the men were already holding my strings, waiting to pull my arms and legs in whichever motion they wished. Control had been taken, and I was just a vessel to be used.