Chapter 8: Apologies

age 15, year 2 at U.A

y/n's pov

After that whole... mess.. I avoided Kaminari, Hanta and I both did. Hanta explained his side of the story and I felt awkward trying to continue being friends with Kaminari while he likes me and he.. fought over me. Whenever I would pass him in the halls I'd get uncomfortable. 
"Hey, don't you think you should try to talk to him?" Mei asks, we were walking to lucnh together when she brought him up. 
"I don't know. It's been at least  a few weeks, I don't know if I wanna bring it up now, it'll probably be kind of... awkward, don't you think?" I say, I was starting to get uncomfortable. I started to sort of retract into my blazer as we walked into the cafe and I saw him. 
"Maybe, but, hasn't he been your best friend for so long now? There's no way that you guys haven't had bumpy times likes this before?" Mei asks, rubbing the back of her neck. 
"Yeah but now it's... weird. He fought my boyfriend and used his quirk, a very dangerous quirk may I add that could electrocute someone to death, in the fight. Because he was jealous. That's not okay, Mei. I understand he was my friend or whatever but I don't know if I can ever be comfortable around him again." Mei sighed at this and looked down. 
"Fine, I won't force you to talk to him, but you need to at some point.."
"I know Mei. I know."

"Y/n! Please! Please wait.." Kaminari stopped me from leaving the school building. I turned around slowly. 
"Kaminari." I say, my jaw was clenched. I felt really uncomfortable. 
"Please, I just want to talk to you." Kaminari said, he looked like he was on the verge of tears. 
"Fine. What do you want Kaminari?" I say, crossing my arms as I tried to ease the uncomfortable feeling I had. 
"I.. owe you an apology. Well, apologies.." His eyes were squeezed shut. It was obvious he was nervous and felt uncomfortable as well. 
"Go ahead."
"I'm.. sorry. For not noticing my feelings sooner. I can't imagine how much it must've sucked having feelings for someone who was so oblivious."
"It's okay, I.. got over you."
"Yeah... and I'm sorry that I got so jealous that I started a fight with your boyfriend. And I'm sorry I made things awkward." Kaminari said, he was tearful and sincere. I look down. 
"I.. appreciate your apologies, Kaminari." I sighed before starting to walk away. 
"Wait! Y/n. Please. Do you forgive me?"
"I... don't know if I can. A few lousy tears can't make up for so many shitty years of me feeling like I'm worthless because I fell in love with my best friend." 

"I'm sorry, n/n."