Chapter 7: I Miss You

age 15, year 2 at U.A

Y/n sat in Recovery Girl's office as her legs bounced up and down anxiously. She was waiting for Recovery Girl to give her an update on how Sero was doing.
"Hello dear, you're here to see how Hanta Sero is doing, yes?" Recovery Girl asks the teenager, who frantically nods. She didn't know what had happened but she had heard in passing he had gotten hurt. "Come with me, he's resting but he's going to be fine. He got hit with a shock from an electric quirk but it only knocked him out, nothing besides that." Recovery Girl explained to Y/n, who was biting her nails. 
"An electric quirk?" Y/n raised an eyebrow. Recovery Girl nodded.
"Him and his classmate Denki Kaminari got into a fight in the dorms," 
"They fought? Why?" 
"Don't know, some students in their class saw it happen, they may know, but for now Sero needs his rest." 
"What about Kaminari? Is he okay?"
"He's fine, but he's in trouble." 

"L/n! Hey did you hear about the fight between Sero and Kaminari?" Mei Hatsume ran up to her best friend. 
"Yeah, I don't know why it happened." Y/n shrugged, furrowing their eyebrows. Mei looked at Y/n confused. 
"You haven't seen the video?"
"Someone recorded it?!" Y/n exclaimed angrily. Why would someone just record instead of trying to get help? Mei nodded and pulled out her phone, tapping a few buttons before moving closer to Y/n so they could watch the video. 

"What? What's your problem?"
"You're with Y/n! Everyone knows she likes me! And I just finally realized I liked her back! How the hell did you manage to convince her to be with you?" 
She listened to what the two boys were saying before she watched them start to fight. 

"Guess they were fighting over you," Mei said, her voice was low and careful. Y/n nodded slowly, her eyebrows still furrowed. 
"I guess so," 
"Y/n!" Y/n turns around and sees Kaminari jogging towards her. 
"Kaminari..." Kaminari slows down, putting his hands on his knees, breathing kind of heavily. 
"Hey Y/n, I-" He started to speak but noticed the video of him and Sero's fight paused on Mei's phone. "Y/n.." He trailed off, standing up straight again and backing away. 
"Denki... why?" She knew the reason, she just couldn't fathom it. She couldn't fathom the fact that after all these years, after liking Denki for years and then finally getting over him and finding a new man to love, he finally liked her. 

"Y/n... I miss you.."