Chapter 2: Glow

Age 15, year 2 at U.A

Thursday, 12:08 pm, 2 days until Y/n's date with Sero

I walked down to the cafeteria and spotted Hanta waving me over to sit with Denki, Kirishima, Bakugo, Mina and Jirou and him. I smiled and blushed a little as I happily walked over and sat next to Hanta. Denki looked up from his food and waved at me with a smile. I gave him a nod of acknowledgment. Mina smiled and waved as well,
"Hey girl!" 
"Hey Mina, how are you?" I tiled my head a bit as I feel Hanta snake his arm around my waist, pulling me a bit closer to him. I blushed, glancing at him. He smirked and winked at me before turning back to his food, keeping his arm around my waist. 
"Oh I'm doing good! We have some weird training thing to do though with Mr. Aizawa. I am not excited for that." She says, rolling her eyes. 
"Ugh get over it raccoon eyes! You're apart of the hero training course, you're gonna have to train!" Bakugou exclaims, tiny explosions popping on his fingertips. 
"Damn Bakubro, calm down!" Kirishima says, patting the angry Pomeranian's shoulder. 
"I AM CALM!" Everyone but Bakugou laughed at this, which made Bakugou even angrier. Bakugou simply just angrily stabbed at his food with his fork as we snickered. 
Hanta turned to me and leaned in, whispering in my ear.
"He's like a chihuahua." I stifled a laugh and so did Hanta. I buried my face in his shoulder trying not to laugh and he covered his mouth with his hand. 

Once we had calmed down, I sighed and looked at my food and back up at Denki and Mina who were across from me. They were looked at me with furrowed eyebrows and I gace them a confused look. 
"What?"

"Y/n-"
"Her- the glow." 

I looked down at my hands and both my arms were glowing, almost going over my shoulders to my collarbone. My mouth went agape as I stammered, trying to explain it. I didn't want to explain that it was my quirk basically shouting to the world, "Hey! Y/n has a crush!" 
"Um, well- you see I-" As I was trying to explain, I heard fast footsteps approaching next to me. 
"Y/n! Oh! Hello! Anyways, Y/n! Come with me I'll fix your glow!" Mei exclaims, picking me up by my arm, yanking me from how Hanta was holding my waist. The glow immediately went away as soon as Sero's arm wasn't around me any more. Mei's eyes widened and she shrugged. "Fixed it!" She said before going back to her own table.

"What was that about?" Kirishima asks as the whole table turns to me. 
"It's nothing just something about my quirk I need to learn to control." I laugh nervously and avoid eye contact. 
"Wait, last time you glowed like that was when you had a crush on that Yuki kid in middle school! Do you have a crush on someone?" Denki spoke up, his mouth still full of food. My face turned red as everyone at the table continued to stare at me intently, waiting for my answer. I noticed that instead of confusion, Hanta had an expression of hope or nervousness on his face. I opened my mouth to talk but Jirou interrupted me.
"Oh let the girl be Denki, she doesn't have to tell us if she has a crush or not. Just eat your food, and don't talk while you're chewing! It's gross!" Jirou said, giving me a subtle wink. I mouth a 'thank you' to her and she nods. I smile nervously at Denki who narrowed his eyes at me. I looked down at my food as Sero placed a hand on my thigh and leaned in to whisper something to me again.
"Do you still like Denki?" He asks me. I whip my head towards him with wide eyes. I shook my head slowly. 
"I mean, not really, I guess a little bit but no I don't really have those kind of feelings towards him anymore." I whisper back, furrowing my eyebrows. He nods and turns back to his food. I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose. 

God crushes are so weird sometimes.