tired

(REWRITEN)

Y/n sleepily trudged to school, she rubbed her eyes frowning at how droopy they were, her parents made her study all night because she failed a pop quiz they had thrown at her after her tiring date with datchi. 

She readjusted her bag straightening herself as she entered the school, she grabbed a small mirror from her satchel and checked making sure the concealer was hiding the bags from underneath her eyes.

She sighed as the dark circles were still visible and dug into her bag looking for her makeup purse. Manabe came up from behind her leaning down to her level, "whoa what happened to you?" He questioned as she applied another layer of makeup. 

She snapped the mirror shut ignoring his question trying to stay away from his usual antics as she walked to class, "rude!" manabe pouted watching her retreating figure. 

Y/n held her head in her hands, classes were boring and weren't helping y/n's resolve to stay awake. Class ended transitioning into lunch break. 

Y/n lifted her bag stuffing papers into it, tohru skipped over to her desk "ah y/n! Wanna have lunch again with us today?" Y/n played with her fingers awkwardly "I already have plans, I'm very sorry to say that I'll have to decline thank you for the offer Honda" 

tohru smiled "it's alright, if your plans get interrupted feel free to join us on the roof once more, enjoy your meal l/n!" Y/n blinked in surprise at the genuine brightness in her voice, she gazed down her her bag a small smile adorning the corners of her lips "thank you" 

Y/n made her way to the courtyard and claimed a spot on a bench underneath of a tree, she grabbed her bento keeping it closed as she waited for her shy acquaintance to arrive.

 "Sorry to have kept you waiting.." matchi's quiet voice spoke from besides her as she took a seat, she nervously looked at her bento box as y/n tuned to give her a small wave "hello matchi you didn't keep me waiting" 

Matchi played with the edges of her hair "that's good.." y/n nodded as they began to eat their lunch in silence neither of them bothering to make meaningless small talk. Y/n stifled a yawn catching the attention of the grey haired girl besides her. 

"Are you alright?" Matchi mumbled awkwardly, y/n perked up "hmm? Oh yeah I'm alright" she reassured. It was time for the end of day classes as they both cleaned up their areas

 "we should do this again sometime..if I wouldn't be a bother" matchi mumbled a blush on her cheeks from her embarrassment. Y/n smiled softly "id like to, see you around" 

Classes were close to coming to an end with one more to go and y/n was making her way to her there now when two familiar voices stopped her "yo" Haru greeted coming to stand in front of her, "y/n!!" Momiji echoed in greeting as he bounced up to them. "Hello" y/n bowed her lips in a thin line. 

She was tired and wanted to get this day over with and go home, "you look tired-" momiji began with a finger on his lips "yeah I know" y/n interrupted with slight annoyance in her tone. Momiji shrank back looking very similar to a kicked puppy 

Y/n felt guilt build within her as she waved a hand apologetically "I'm sorry momiji I didn't mean to be rash I'm just a little tired I suppose" he instantly brightened his mood doing a full 180 "it's okay" he excitedly stated holding up his thumb for emphasis. 

Haru watched the duo with light amusement," we're going to be late...I think?" Haru mumbled noticing the lack of students in the now vacant hallway. 

Y/n grabbed the bridge of her nose in exasperation " I better head to class as you guys should as well" she told them. She entered her class slumping in her seat as her eyes began to droop as the teachers voice droned on. She tried to fight the urge to sleep but failed miserably falling asleep at her desk.