hurting hermits 13: Hey Kid

Start from the beginning

"You want a hug?" Impulse asks, Tango nods and clings onto him, hot tears drip onto Impulse's shirt.

Yawning Tango curls up as Impulse slowly picks him up and brings him outside, "We've got a problem."

Jevin, Beef, and Zedaph look down at Tango stunned.

"That's Tango?" Zedaph asks softly.

Impulse nods as Beef stands up and trots over, "Is he ok? That was him screaming?"

"He really doesn't like this," Impulse murmurs, "Let's get him to town hall and into a room.

The others nod and a few minutes later Tango's sleeping in a bed as Xisuma looks at his code, "Meteor," He sighs, "We'll just have to wait and see what happens."

Impulse nods, "He's going to hate this."

"I'm going to the mega-hub," Zedaph sighs, "I know he said not to but his shirt is falling off and he needs clothes."

Sighing, Xisuma nods, "Go grab some stuff for him."

With that Zedaph runs off to the mega-hub and Xisuma heads off to look through some more code and talk to the watchers.

Flopping over Tango looks at Impulse, "It was real?"

"Hm? Oh yeah..." Impulse murmurs as Tango jumps off the bed and starts walking back to his base, "Tango, wait."

An odd look flashes across his face, "I'm not a kid, just let me go home."

"How's this, same deal as the mini Jev's. Stay within earshot for now."

Tango squints at him, "Fine," Once he exits the town hall he spreads his wings and almost falls.

Impulse grabs him before he could topple down the stairs and they sit on the top steps.

Exhaling sharply, Tango looks at Impulse, "Thanks."

The pair walk in silence over to the Toon Towers. As Tango flops down on the couch he takes a moment to inspect his wings. The normally strong and defined wings are now small fuzzy little things with only soft down feathers.

"Impulse, I won't be stuck like this, right?" Tango asks softly.

"I don't know," Impulse sighs.

"And if I am?" Tango asks, "What happens if I can't be me?"

"Then we talk it out, have a meeting."

Tango nods and disappears into his room for a minute. Almost instantly he runs out and rummages through one of the chests. Once he finds what he wants; a stair block, he disappears back into his room.

Impulse pulls his communicator out and asks Zed to get a few step stools.

After around ten minutes Zedaph walks into the base.

After showing Impulse the clothes he got, a variety of plain red avian designed shirts and gray shorts. There's a small variety of other stuff and a pair of shoes, "Once he gets more used to everything, I think we take him shopping and let him pick everything out."

Impulse nods, "Yeah I think that'll work."

Knocking on Tango's door Zedaph calls out, "Tango, we have clothes for you."

"Thanks," He calls back. A few minutes later he runs out of his room looking a lot more comfortable.

"You look better," Impulse murmurs as Tango wiggles in between them.

"Feel better," Tango mutters.

Zedaph rubs a horn and looks down at him, "I know you said don't get stuff, but I thought it was cute," and with that, he plops a stuffed stegosaurus onto his lap.

Tango blinks at it for a few seconds then hugs it close, "Thank you."

The three turn a movie on and mess around for a bit. After it's over the mood grows serious.

"So we're going to treat this like a mini Jev thing right?" Tango asks as he leans against Zedaphs leg.

"Well, not exactly," Impulse murmurs, "For the most part yeah, you do you, but Jevin can reform at any moment. Tell me to stop if you don't like this plan," Impulse pokes at Tango's tail and gets swatted, "During the day stay within earshot, check in every so often, and at night stay with someone."

Tango nods, "How about we try that and change things up if we don't like it?"

Nodding Zedaph smiles, "Sounds good to me. As for tonight, sleepover?"

Tango nods as he wiggles into his nest and pulls Impulse in, once Zed's in place Tango curls up next to their sides and falls asleep.

The next morning they head over to town hall. After giving him a quick test to check if he still knows everything he should; he does, so they head off to the mega-hub.

After shopping, they head back and mess around for a bit. Turns out that Tango can fit into Redstone crawlspaces really easily.

The second day they found a bit of a problem, Zedaph was joking around and dared Tango to lick Redstone.

"I didn't think he'd actually do it," Zedaph bleats as Tango splutters trying to get the nastly tasting dust out of his mouth.

Impulse sighs.

The third day brings some unfortunate events, a server meeting about what to do with Tango. The entire server, all the hermits that he's been doing his best to avoid.

Zoning out Tango just sits there as the hermits go about the weekly business, then they get to him.

"So, it's been three days since you've been a kid," Xisuma starts looking over at Tango, who slumps down in his seat, "Let's give it four more days, you haven't grown at all so far."

Tango puffs his cheeks out, "Ok, I don't think I'm going to stay like this."

"Any reason?" Xisuma asks softly.

Nodding Tango does his best to explain how he can feel an increase in magical energy.

The meeting is concluded, with many plans and a nervous Tango. If he's stuck like this they wouldn't kick him out but his family would get the final call on what happens.

Later that night the communicators go off and Joe disappears only to reappear as a horrifying eldritch being.

It's about midnight and as Zedaph runs downstairs to see what's happened with Tango trailing behind.

Joe was in the middle of transforming and Bdubs had scared him, causing him to bolt. In his panic, he ended up next to the toon towers.

The next morning Tango's head feels quite a bit clearer, "Told you I'd be back to normal."

"You're like ten," Impulse calls back, as he sends a message to Xisuma.

Tango crashes to the floor, "Dang it."

The following days are uneventful, Tango helps out around the server, tries to fly with what feathers he has, and fails.

The interesting thing is Perry the Platypus. False made one on top of one of the towers but she also hid a few much smaller ones around the base, and they've all been moving around.

Being ten lasted about three days, so when he turns fifteen it's not much of a surprise.

Back In his normal clothes Tango flops on his couch and wraps himself in blankets. He's really tired for some reason. Xisuma had pointed out that he's a teenager and he's going to need more sleep. The teen Jevins had shown up for a few hours and they just hung out and messed around.

By the time he's back to normal Tango is completely done with it. The whole growing up thing kinda sucked. He decides to be more careful as the new season begins.