A Few Months Later...

Start from the beginning

Bela turned her gaze back to the child and approached her. The child almost immediately saw Bela walk towards her and she raised both her arms.

Mia snorted as she saw this and Bela turned to her, raising a brow.

Mia was about to say something before the child interrupted them.

"Up." was all she said and Bela already knew what she meant.

Bela gulped as she neared the girl closer. She has never held a baby before, or a child nevertheless without any intent to eat her she doesn't dare kill babies without reason so she is very much nervous.

After all, she still doesn't know what kind of DNA Mother Miranda gave this child. She knows she can't sweat but she feels like she's bathing in it as she approached the girl closer, and closer. Everyone knows she's a bioweapon, heck even Bela herself is a bioweapon, but there's something eery about this child that puts her on edge.

She lowers herself and grabs the girl by her waist and lifts her up high, ignoring her previous anxiety.

Alan's stare was burning at the back of her head but she ignored it and instead stared at the child now laughing happily as she did poses in Bela's arms.

"You're so much better than daddy. Daddy never does this with me!"

"She likes you already," Mia remarked as Bela tried her best not to make the child fall.

Mia noticed Bela's increased nervousness and decides to cut the child's happiness short. For the meantime.

"Evie, it's time to go. We finished your daily shots already, and Bela just came to visit."

Evie. A cute nickname for a cute four month old baby bioweapon that looks like a ten-year old for God's sake and acts like a toddler and is literally artificially aged.

Damn it she can't move on from that.

She saw the child pout but she eventually gave in as Bela lowered her back to the floor. She practically jumped on Mia's legs.

Mia gave Bela a 'goodbye, I'll see you later' and went off with the child in tow.

Alan left after Mia and the child, not sparing her a glance more.

She lets it go and leaves again, her break now over as she goes to her desk to finally complete the new paperwork Miranda had given her.

-----

It took a few more months for her to find out that Miranda had left to Central America's Connections base without her.

Without her.

The hell is wrong with that bird? She knows she can't leave Bela alone. She knows clearly.

Bela shakes her thoughts away as she sighs, now making her way to Eveline's enclosure.

Enclosure because that's where she is when she's literally not being tested and injected by the people she calls mommy and daddy.

It's sick, really, that they had the guts to do that to a child, an infant, jesus christ she's only four months old. That's more than sick at this point.

But Bela can't blame them. She herself drinks blood and eats people, so she shouldn't be disgusted with them when she's done worse.

She knocks on the white door leading to the child.

To no one's surprise, Mia opens it. But when Bela peeked further, Alan was nowhere in sight.

"Where's Droney?" was the first thing Bela asked as she entered the room.

Mia shrugged her shoulders. "He didn't tell me today." she replied. Bela only nodded and saw the child light up upon seeing her.

"Bay-la!" Bela tilted her head confusedly at the name but Mia tells her it's just Eveline being Eveline.

Bela let's it go for now. There's no use fighting with a child about the meaning of her name.

So, instead she walked over to the child and sat down in front of her on the floor.

"Are you coming to the trip with me?"

Now that caught her off-guard. She looks at Mia but the woman didn't look back at her.

Eveline looked as innocent as ever staring at her like that, like she didn't know anything.

Bela managed to say something, "Um... What trip–" - but she was cut off by Mia.

"It will be at least 2 years from now. You don't have to panic." She said smoothly as she approached her and Eveline.

She knelt down in front of Eveline again and told her not to say more things to Bela in a hushed voice.

Huh.

Mia then tells her that visiting time's over and that she should leave.

Without any more choice she bids Eveline goodbye with a wave and she leaves the room only to be met with more endless white hallways.

She can deal with this. She's already atleast 5 months into the job. She still hasn't moved on from the irritation of Miranda leaving her there.

Even when she left she still left Bela a ton of paperwork. Some Bela isn't even aware of like the 'Raccoon city incident'. How could she know that and does that city even exist?

She shakes her head again and makes her way back to the office.

But then she thinks back to what Eveline told her.

A trip.

A trip, but to where? And it'll happen a few years from now, so it was planned.

Bela doesn't understand yet but she already has the feeling Miranda well had something to do with this.

But for now all she could do is wait until she can go back to her family and get the adrenaline of the hunt again.

She just hopes she won't be tired by then.