Friend Request

You feel weak and part your lips as he bites his lip. He slowly walks inside as you say nothing. He leans on the table in front of you

L: "apologies for pulling you away from whoever you were with, just wanted to formally meet you"
Y/N: "I wasn't with anyone"
L: "oh well apologies, your welcome to go back if you wa-"
Y/N cutting in : "no! It's okay, It's nice to meet you. I'm y/n"

Lando can't help but grin as you say your name

L: "well hello y/n, I'm Lando, and it is a pleasure to meet you"

You guys talk for a few minutes about why your here alone but you don't mention the job situation.

L: "I better go and get ready for em, the race.."

You can tell he feels nervous, even more than you.

Y/N: "good luck! Though you don't need it"

He smiles and laughs as he leave the room

The door shuts and you feel calm again. You cant wipe the smile off your face. Your hands come up to ur face as you rub your eyes, not believing the last 10 minutes actually happened.

The lady who brought you here comes into the room

C: "are you ready to go back?"

You nod and follow her. On the way back you guys get to talking, she tells you that she is Lando's assistant, Charlotte and that Lando couldn't stop talking about you yesterday, you can't help but smile. You speak to her about what you do and why your here alone, you mention the fact that you weren't excepted to work for McLaren.

C: "omg!! That would have been so amazing!! I'm so upset by that, we could have worked together."
Y/N: "I'm not that bothered by it to be honest. They need the correct person for the job and I understand that. Just don't mention it to Lando please!"
C: "it's our little secret!"

You get back to the paddock and say goodbye to Charlotte, she tells you to stay back a little late after qualifying as Lando wanted to see her. You get all excited and your smile hasn't left your face. You call your sister.

You speak for a moment telling her what happened
Y/N: "you cannot tell dad! Or anyone!"
A: "I won't, I won't, chill out"
Y/N: "he wants to see me after quali!"
A: "OMG your like an actual thing!"
Y/N: "well I'll let you know how it goes"
You end the call and prepare to watch qualifying.

As it goes on Lando makes it into the 3rd qualifying, you cheer and smile every time he goes past.

Qualifying ends and Lando comes 2nd, you take a photo of him crossing the line and post it on your Instagram story tagging him.

A while later, you notice a friend request.