I close my eyes, leaning forward and taking a small, unsure bite of the thing, testing the flesh on my tongue. I chew slowly, realizing that it's delicious. It doesn't really taste like any fish or meat that I've ever eaten on Earth, but it's not half bad.

It tastes kind of spicy, and almost fresh like a vegetable. It's an odd combination that I'm not mad about.

"Mmm. It's good." I tell Barre, smiling so he knows that I'm praising him. He smiles back, another soft lift of the corner of his lips. His blue eye and brown eye are both beautiful, they always take my breath away.

I take a few more hearty bites, licking my fingers as I pull off some smaller pieces. I'm almost completely full when Salsh whines beside me. I look at him, his red eyes pleading. I grin, offering him a large piece. He grabs it, as if he's scared I'll change my mind.

The alien dog runs off with the food, darting behind the tent to enjoy his meal.

I yawn, deciding it's time for bed. I stand up, stretching my arms over my head. I try to take a step, but the combination of my hurt ankle and the long blanket have me stumbling. I try to regain my footing, but it's too late. I'm already falling fast, right towards the bonfire.

There's no time to scream in terror before I'm being grabbed. Barre pulls me away from the roaring flames. The momentum sends me down against him, falling across his chest. He holds me to him, worry painted across his face.

"yetlee careesta, misha." He says to me, his voice rougher than it usually is, but still so sweet. I can see the strain he's inhibiting.

He's been calling me misha a lot lately, and I wonder what it could possibly mean.

"Sorry." I breathe, right before murmuring a "thank you."

He just saved my life for the second time, no big deal.

It's not lost on me that I'm laying across him, my body completely parallel to his. His body feels like it's sculpted out of marble, rock hard and perfect. He's staring at me. I'm staring at him. My eyes flick down to his full lips, and I feel an ache bloom inside of me.

Before I can think, I grab his face and put my mouth on his.

I've never kissed someone, never been kissed, so the feeling is odd. I know what to do instinctively. I move my lips against his, and for a moment he's stagnant. I move against him anyway, arching my back until my breasts are pressed against his chest. I moan when his tongue is suddenly in my mouth. Barre is kissing me back with a vengeance.

His hand is harsh on my hip, his other hand palming my skull and he pulls me even closer towards him. He groans, sounding like he's unraveling like me. I can hear my own breath as we tangle in passion.

Barre's kiss is hot and possessive. Despite his appetite for raw fish, his mouth tastes good, just as good as he smells.

Heat grows between us as we build a fire of our own, the other flame completely forgotten as the night takes a turn for the better.

My tongue tenderly battles his, his ferocious perusal matching my own. After what feels like an hour of fleeting time, he releases me.

His lips are swollen now, his eyes lit with excitement and curiosity. Barre's strong hand is still plastered to my hip, holding me firmly as pets my face with fascinated fingers.

My heart is thudding like crazy in my chest. I can't believe I did that. I've never had that much courage before. I'm oddly proud of myself.

I grin up at Barre, and I want to kiss him all over again, but restrain myself. He pulled away from me. He didn't seem upset, but I'm not going to push it if he was the one to put a stop to it.

Just when I thought he was indifferent to me, he returned my kiss. I guess he does like me after all. I wonder to myself if this means we're mates now, or on our way to becoming mates.

Barre makes a gruff sound in his throat, staring deep into my eyes. Soon, he gestures to the tent, and I huff. The sun is setting, and he wants me to sleep.

I try to climb off of him, but my ankle twinges in protest, and I suck in a breath of pain. Okay, so that was a bad angle.

My alien giant is quick to swing me up into his arms. I cling to his neck as he goes to the fire, stomping it into coals with his boot. My eyes widen, watching him as he nods in satisfaction before turning back to the tent, carrying me effortlessly.

Barre crawls into the tent, tucking me into the sea of blankets, his head lightly touching my temple as he checks me over. He pauses briefly to tie the flap closed and comes back to me. I'm laying on my back, staring up at the dark tent ceiling.

Usually I'm pulled tightly to his side while I sleep, but today he simply lays his head on my chest, his strong arms winding around my waist as he nestles himself into my stomach.

My mind goes hazy for a second, feeling way too warm to think. So, I do what comes naturally, I put my fingers in his thick, black hair. I run my fingernails softly against his scalp, messaging him as I think of a lullaby to sing.

This all reminds me of comforting my little siblings when they had bad dreams. I was always in a similar position, a head snuggled against my torso as I sang some sort of song to lull them back to sleep.

I remember one of my favorites, and begin singing.

"Stars shining bright above you

Night breezes seem to whisper 'I love you'

Birds singing in the sycamore tree

Dream a little dream of me."

I test my voice, finding it a little rusty, but Barre palms my back, silently encouraging me to continue. I clear my throat a bit before starting again.

"Say 'Nightie night' and kiss me

Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me

While I'm alone and blue as can be

Dream a little dream of me."

I yawn, my mouth goes wide, a signal of my exhaustion. I start to drift off, my dreams filled with the kiss that shook my whole world.

 I start to drift off, my dreams filled with the kiss that shook my whole world

Double update, read on :)