Chapter Twenty

When Lucy woke she was dazed and confused, her head was pounding like a jack hammer had gone off and her arms were aching. She tried to remember what she had done the night before, not remembering going out drinking with her friends. As she tried to lower her hands from above her head she realized she was being restrained. “Not cool guys” She mumbled wincing at the pain that small noise caused her head. Once the pain eased she slowly opened her eyes. Once her eyes were fully opened, she could see her surroundings. It looked like she was in a giant warehouse. All she could see was cement floors and metal walls. She slowly moved her head to look down on the ground and noticed her feet weren’t touching the ground they were dangling just above it. She looked up at her arms and could see thick ropes wrapped around her wrist that were tied to a beam above her head. Slowly the memories of the day’s events returned filing her with dread. Abby was with her when the car had crashed, had she made it out ok? She looked around the room for her best friend but her vision was limited to the angel she was facing.  She silently rayed that her friend was ok, and wasn’t tied up here with her. She didn’t know how he had managed it but Max had finally gotten his hands on her. She thought she had done it, she thought she had managed to rescue Abby and had gotten away safely. How wrong she had been.

“Well look who’s decided to wake up. Did you have a nice nap Lucy?” Max’s said walking into her line of sight with a sneer on his face.

She hadn’t realized until she saw him just how scared she was, the chains above her head rattled as her body shook with fear.

“Why do you want to hurt me so much?” She cried out, causing her head to throb more. “What did I ever do you to you?”

“You know what you did” He said walking towards her “You made me this way!” He screamed.

“I didn’t” She said ignoring the pain in her head she shook it “I didn’t do anything.”

“Yes you did” He said grabbing hold of her chin he held her face up so she was looking into his eyes “You did this to me when you called that monster to come and attack me that night in the woods. Don’t deny it” He said when she tried to shake her head again. “Don’t lie to me!” He screamed spit from his mouth hit her face.

“I’m not” She whispered “I didn’t know, I promise I didn’t” He body shook as she cried, she was terrified of him and what he had planned for her. She had no way of escaping her hands were bound tightly by chains. “Please just let me go” She begged.

Max started to laugh hysterically “Let you go? Let you go!” He screamed a second time “Oh no Lucy I won’t ever let you go bot after all the trouble I have gone too to get you.” He said shaking his head at her sadly. “She wanted me to let her go” He whispered softly. Lucy had no idea who he was whispering too though she suspected that he had completely lost his mind. The longer she was there the more afraid she became by his instability she watched as he started to pace in front of her whispering words she couldn’t hear. Occasionally he would stop pacing and start hitting himself in the head. “No, no, no! She has to die!”

Taking the opportunity Lucy looked around for any sign that she was not alone with him. Max before he lost his mind was scary, now he was terrifying. But he second look around showed her the same as the first, she was all alone. “Not alone” She heard in her head. Her eyes widened in shock, and disbelief. She looked around the room once again, ignoring the pain the movement caused her head. Relieved that someone else was here with her.  When she didn’t see anyone she frantically tried to turn her head to look behind her. The sharp pain that shot through her head made her cry out, stopping her from attempting to try that again. Thankfully Max was so distracted with the conversation with himself that her cries of pain went ignored. Al hope deflated from her when she decided she must have a concussion and hallucinated the voice. There was no one else there with them. She was going to die here, tied up and alone.