Chapter Eighteen

Lucy hated sneaking out of Hayden’s house again and was surprised that it was easier to do then last time she had snuck out.  Something must have happened because the house seemed empty when she snuck out the front door. She looked over at Jacks truck considering taking it again when Luke shook his head “We need a car with a trunk.”

“Travis car is over there.” Lucy pointed it out when she noticed it.

Things happened quickly after that, Luke changed into his wolf form and climbed into the trunk of the car, Lucy silently thanked Travis for leaving the keys in the ignition. Starting the car she glanced over at her phone that she had placed on the other care seat. She had the screen opened to a message she had quickly typed in so all she had to do was press sent when she arrived in town and Linda would know to start searching for someone in Hayden’s pack. Taking a deep breath to help cam her nerves she started the ignition and made her way down the long driveway that lead to the main road.

By the time she arrived into town and sent Linda the text. Lucy stomach was in so many knots she could hardly breathe.  She couldn’t help but think about what Max was doing to Abby and about all the things that could go wrong when she got there. To top it off she felt guilty for sneaky out again. Hayden will be furious when he finds out, she hoped that this mate bound they shared will help him see reason. Lastly she worried that Max had bitten Abby and she too will be infected with the werewolf virus.

Ten minutes later she was pulling Travis’s car into the park’s parking lot. The park was only a couple of blocks from her house. She said a silent prayer that her mother was still away at work. I could really stuff her plans if her mother were home and drove past the park while she was there. Her mother would recognize Travis’s car immediately and would stop to investigate why it was there.

 She scanned the park in front of her and was grateful that no one was there. She wouldn’t know what she would have done had there been kids playing on the swings.

Looking at the time on her phone she saw she had ten minutes left until Max’s deadline was up. Reaching down beside her seat she pulled the leaver that opened the trunk the exited the car. She left the keys in the ignition in case things went wrong and Max captured her. She wanted Abby to be able to lee as fast as she could. The sun was starting to set as she walked through the park. She knew where Max wanted her to go. It was the same place where she and Hayden had ended up on their first and only date.  Taking a deep breath to try and calm her racing heart she moved past the swings and on to the oval at the back of the park. She scanned the trees on the other side of the oval for any sign of movement. She didn’t know if she should have felt relieved or worried when she didn’t see any. The sun had almost set by the time she reached the middle of the oval making it harder to see. But there was still enough light for her to see something lay up ahead. Lucy’s steps faltered as she focuses on the clump of clothing on the ground. Noticing a familiar shirt she almost tripped over her own feet trying to get to it. “Abby” She said falling to the ground beside her friend. She shifted Abby so she could see her face and noticed a few cuts and bruises. She couldn’t see any sign of bite marks though and for that she was grateful. She lightly shook her friend careful not to hurt her “Abby wake up we need to get you out of here.”