Chapter Sixteen

Hayden sat at his office desk with his face buried in his hands. He knew growing up that being an Alpha would have its challenges but he never once dreamt that he would have to deal with a rogue who would try to make his own army of wolves. Rogues were dangerous, being so unstable they usually killed any wolf they came across which made what Max was doing near impossible. How was he doing it? He couldn’t wrap his mind around it. It was his fault of course, after biting Max and his friends Hayden should have tracked him down and introduced them to his pack, or worst case killed them if they couldn’t except pack life. But he was so worried about Lucy and what she was dealing with that the fact that he had infected Max and his friends had slipped his mind. He looked at the picture of his father that sat on his desk and felt ashamed, his father would be so disappointed with him if he were still alive. He didn’t have any memories of his father since he died when Hayden was just a baby but his mother made sure he knew everything he could about him.

Sighing he leaned back in his leather desk chair and tried to come up with a plan to help Lucy’s friend and stop Max from taking any more kids. They had tried tracking Max but he used vehicles to get to where ever it is he is hiding out and that made covering his scent easy. Despite the constant patrols, and searches on their territory they couldn’t pick up his scent. He was too cleaver for a newly changed wolf, he was certain that he must be getting help and training from someone. But who? No one in his pack would help out a rogue they hated them as much as he did.

A knock on his office door pulled him out of his thoughts “Come in”

A bothered looking Jack walked through the door “She stole my car!” He said throwing his hands into the air

Hayden had a sinking feeling, and asked “Who stole your car?”

“Your mate did”

Hayden stood “When?”

“I don’t know” Jack shrugged “I went out to get something out of it and found it gone. You’re mate scent was the only one I could trace.”

Hayden started rushing out of the room “She must have gone to her friend’s house. After I told her not too!” He said raising his voice. “I can’t believe her” He said rushing up the stairs too his room, he growled loudly when he flung his bedroom door opened and found the room empty. “Round up the enforces” He said with a growl. “Have them drive to her friends house now!”

“What’s going on?” Lisa asked coming down the hallway.

“Lucy’s gone to Linda’s house.” Jack informed her

“Take you car and go there now” Hayden told her, fear for his mate, and angered that she would be so foolish was making it hard for him to control his wolf and stay human. “I’m going to run there”

“I will run with you” Jack said

“No” Hayden growled “You need to organize the enforces.”