•C h a p t e r F o r t y•

Start from the beginning

"Oh?" Liam leaned in closer from across the table, bewildered.

My grin broadened as I dug around in my bag on the floor, fishing out the keychain I had bought earlier.

"I saw it, and it reminded me of you," I giggled as I placed it onto the table gently. Liam chuckled lightly, scooping it up into his hands. My cheeks grew warm as I stared at the keychain.

Maybe I should have bought something more extravagant. Like me, Liam had pretty much everything he could ever want. A keychain now seemed ridiculous.

"I love it," he said, peering up at me. His eyes were soft, as was the smile on his face.

"Really?" I asked, my eyebrow shooting up. I watched as Liam pulled his car keys out of his pocket. He slipped the keychain hook over the ring in his keys.

"I'd love anything from you, no matter what," he set his keys aside, pressing a feather-like kiss onto my forehead. "It's beautiful."

"I'm glad you like it," I bit down on my lip, suppressing my burning cheeks. I smirked, jokingly, "Now you can't take it off, ever."

"Wasn't planning on it," he chortled.

I turned my attention back to my textbook, knowing that I had to get moving on the studying I was supposed to do.

Just as my eyes read over the first sentence in the book, he placed his palm over the it, obstructing my view. I blinked, glancing up at him questioningly.

"I have a better idea of how to spend our time together," a mischievous grin spread over his face as his eyes flickered over to my lips. His voice was lower than usual, husky almost. "We have the house to ourselves." 

"What do you propose?" I asked slowly, stretching out my words.

He brushed a few strands of my hair behind my back. His finger skimmed over my neck ever-so-slightly, his hand snaking behind it as he leaned in, connecting his lips with mine.

His kiss was gentle and soft as his hand found my hair. I melted into his touch and the pen in my hand slipped and fell onto the table with a light tap. My eyes fluttered shut, the taste of him silencing all my thoughts.

Liam's arms snaked under my knees, scooping me up in one swift move. His kiss grew intense and the feeling of his lips moving against mine was all-consuming. I was vaguely aware of Liam taking us up the stairs.

My fingers tugged at the neckline of his shirt, deepening the kiss. We broke apart as he set me down on something soft — his bed.

His breath danced on my lips. I sucked in a deep breath and all I could smell was his cologne, and his scent that was only his.

There was nothing holding us back now. It was so easy to get lost in him, his smell, his touch and his dark eyes. My eyes locked with his, and once again, I was thrown into a sea of stars, drowning in them.

There was not a second of hesitation; he was on top of me and his mouth was locked on mine in a passionate kiss. I stopped breathing and I stopped thinking. Shivers of pleasure shot through my body as he deepened the kiss.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. The only thing that separated our bodies were the thin fabrics of our shirts. I dug my hands into his hair, and a low moan sounded from the back of his throat.

Liam's body was tight to mine as he kissed me harder. I let out a shaky breath into his mouth and he took the chance to slip his tongue inside. My heart swelled to the point of bursting and heated sparks raced up my spine.