•C h a p t e r T h i r t y - S e v e n•

I glanced at my outfit in the mirror, satisfied. I'd thrown on a red tube top and a black mini skirt. Since I was on the lazy side, I pulled my hair up into a ponytail instead of styling it.

It was a Friday night and we'd been invited to a frat party — well, Avery had been invited and she invited Liam, Sam and I. I would be meeting the three of them there, each of us taking our own car, or bike in my case.

It had been two weeks since Liam and I became official. It was a blissful two weeks even though he could be infuriating and that school sucked. Both Liam and I didn't do anything except study and write papers. At least we spent our time doing it together in the library.

I slipped on a leather jacket overtop to protect myself from the cold night just as the doorbell rang from downstairs. I took my time, grabbing my purse off my bed before heading out of my room.

My parents were out at a dinner and of course, Jackson was over at his friend's, leaving the house to me. I'd narrowly escaped going with them. I'd made a last minute excuse which thankfully, they bought.

As I bounded down the stairs, the doorbell rang another two times. I rolled my eyes at that as I placed my hand on the knob, turning it to open the door.

Liam stood on the other side of the threshold, grinning with his hands stuffed into his pockets. He was clad in a pair of ripped jeans and grey t-shirt. My stomach bubbled from the sight of him. His eyes moved from mine and down to my toes as he scanned my outfit.

"What are you doing here?" my brows furrowed at him, taken aback.

He chuckled, "Damn, I thought you'd be more excited to see me."

"I'm absolutely delighted," I rolled my eyes, smiling as I opened the door wider. My eyes trailed over to the empty driveway and my confusion increased.

"My mom dropped me off, she needed my car for some emergency," Liam explained when he saw my befuddled expression. "I thought I'd tag along with you, and you know, spend more time with you too."

I chortled, "Sure, but I'm taking my bike."

"W-what?" he blinked, his mouth hanging open slightly.

"My bike. My parents and Jackson have taken all the cars," I nodded over to the vacant driveway, with an amused eyebrow raised. "Is that okay?"

"Yeah, of course," Liam said quickly, straightening out his grey shirt. He swallowed hard, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down.

My lips twitched up as I watched him skeptically, "Okay, let's go."

Liam didn't say anything as stepped out of the house, shutting the door behind me. He also didn't say anything when I dug out the extra helmet I always kept in the compartment of my motorcycle. He only lingered behind me, shuffling between his feet.

It was one of my old helmets, back when I'd first gotten my license. I was much more immature, so I had picked out a hot pink helmet. It was so bright that it would be blinding in the sun. Luckily for Liam, the sun had already set.

I handed it to Liam, biting back my laugh, "Thats the only one I got."

He gave me a flat look, "Since when did you think hot pink was the colour?"

"Since I was sixteen," I grinned, shoving it into his hands.

"Can I borrow your black one?" he asked, pointing to the other helmet that sat in the compartment. The black one was the one that I wore now.

"What's wrong with pink?" I asked, raising an eyebrow teasingly.

"Nothing," he said quickly. "I just think black suits me more."