"Funny wife. Because everyone but you seems to know the fine print."

"You're just taking advantage of the situation. I am not doing this tonight, and if you force me, our marriage is off."

"Alyssa, don't you get it? It will be physically painful for both of us if we don't start this tonight."

"What?"

"It's what our bond is for, to do what is natural."

"That is not natural."

"Yes, it is."

"No, it is not, and you can't force a thing on me."

"Helians are not beasts. Forcing a woman is against our nature and beliefs. Women are sacred to our values."

"Right. So you say. You mean to tell me that I'd lie if I said all you care about is getting in my pants, right?"

"You know what our contract is for, and I told you. We're sexual beings, but no one on this ship is taking anyone by force here, no matter how desperate we are. You gave your consent to this."

"Good thing to respect my wishes. Now, where is the bathroom?"

Boman sighed when he pointed towards it with a sour expression, and Alyssa got up.

"You need to understand that you have a duty to me. It doesn't matter if you want it at this point or not. You need to comply with your end of the bargain."

"I will, just not tonight." She reached the bathroom and closed the door quickly. 

After relaxing in a long shower, Alyssa wondered what clothes she would wear, so she started to look around the walk-in closet in the bathroom with clothes that matched her size. She imagined they were intended for her, so she put on pajamas. She sneakily got out of the bathroom and found her husband shirtless in their bed reading. He looked up and met her gaze as she walked to the bed. His eyes didn't leave hers as she walked closer and laid down next to him.

"Are you sure we can't tonight?"

"I got my period, so we can't for a week."

"Fuck. Well. Lucky for you, I don't care about that at all. We can't wait that long, Alyssa."

"Lucky for me? What the-?"

Both Alyssa and Boman hear a knock and then a voice behind the bedroom door. "Brother."

"Calypso?"

"Can I come in?" The door was slightly opened.

Alyssa looked confused.

"Why are you here?" Boman tensed.

"Can you come with me for a few minutes? It's really important."

"I know your 'important' things, and I'm sure it can wait until tomorrow."

Calypso started to walk closer to them.

"Shouldn't you be with your human?" Boman raised his right brow.

"Her human?" Alyssa questioned.

"I wed a human too tonight," Calypso said as she crossed her arms.

"A human will also impregnate Calypso. He agreed, and he will wed her."

"You sneaky piece of shit! Our men too?! Wasn't this just women?"

"You filthy little thing." Calypso grabbed Alyssa's wrist in a quick second, placing her other hand in her neck and pressing hard.

"Calypso," Boman warned.

"You humans think you're above us because you're giving us something. Well, you're mistaken. You should show my brother, our leader, some respect, or I will personally see to it that you are punished."

Alyssa struggled in her grip, and Boman didn't attempt to move to defend her at first. He agreed she needed to understand Helians weren't to be disrespected, least of all their leader. She needed to obey and comply with what was expected of her.

"Boman, get her the fuck off me!"

He finally reacted, grabbing Calypso off of her.

"Alright, that's enough, Calypso. She gets it."

Calypso turns to him, and they look at each other in understanding. He pointed at the door. "Out."

"But Boman!"

"I said OUT!" Boman's roar shook the room, and Alyssa started sobbing.

"This isn't over," Calypso said while rushing out of the room and shutting the door.

He walked to her and tried comforting her, but she slapped his hands away. 

"Wife."

"Don't fucking 'wife' me! Did you enjoy that? Her hurting me!"

"Stop cursing at me!"

Alyssa hadn't been much for saying bad or hurtful words to anyone, but Boman brought out an angry side of her so easily, she couldn't comprehend why.

"Why didn't you fucking stop her?!"

"I did, and if you don't stop your foolishness, I will take you with verbal consent or not."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Oh, but I would. You see, I already have your consent with your signed contract."

He grabbed her and kissed her forcefully, but she bit his lip.

"You blew any chance you had of ever having me. I will never concede Boman."

"You don't mean that. We have a wed bond that can never be broken. We will become one, and you will bear my child."

"Hear this. I will never give a child to a sadistic fuck like you."

Boman threw her back to stop himself from doing something he would regret. Something he swore never to do to a woman and stumped towards the door.

"We will see about that, wife." He turned back and narrowed his eyes at her.

"We won't." She retorted and narrowed her eyes back.

Boman turned around and threw the door shut. A sound was heard of the door being securely locked, leaving Alyssa locked in and alone in her thoughts.

"What have we done?" Alyssa questioned herself while weeping all night long.