𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

Here's the next chapter, as requested by @AnAdvidBookWorm

Kyle's POV

I tried not to look behind the bars surrounding us as we walked down the dark corridor.

It didn't work. Everywhere I looked, bones littered the ground. Human, Fey, alike. I wondered which cage the Unseelie princess had been kept in the last war.

"...Like you care. You killed his brother!" I heard someone say. Rory. I thought.

I stopped abruptly. Everyone bumped into me.

"What?" Daisy hissed.

I put my finger on my lips, trying to shush them. I didn't know if she could see me through the dark, but luckily they all kept quiet.

"...Rory, if you had stayed back at EAS, none of this would have happened. Prince Callian and princess Dyani were fools to get involved in a battle that had nothing to do with the Fey." Another voice. I'd never heard this one, but somehow the coldness of it gave it away. This was Solange talking.

"That's not true." I heard Rory again.

"Yes, it is. This is a fight you can't win, Rory. It's pointless."

I heard footsteps going the other way, which meant Solange had left. I signaled my friends to follow me.

We crouched down and crawled the rest of the way, keeping an eye on the dungeons, so we didn't miss the one they were being kept in. But as we got to the end of the hall of dungeons, I started to get worried. The snow queen hadn't taken them with her, had she?

We came to the end of the hall.

"Turn around." I whispered. "Maybe we missed something."

We all turned, Kevin leading the way this time. As we made our way back, I kept an even closer eye, peering into each cell. But they weren't there.

We made our way back out of the darkness in silence, wondering what on earth had happened to our friends.

Chase's POV

"So we're stranded in the middle of the Arctic with amnesia, and apparently I have wings. And also we can both stand extreme temperatures I guess."

"That pretty much sums it up." Rory said.

It had started snowing so we were back in the tunnel brainstorming ideas of what to do. So far we had come up with... nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"How about we go back to that place where we woke up. Maybe we left something there." Rory suggested.

So we got up and started to make our way back into the dark.

We stopped at a fork in the tunnel. "Was this here before?" I was confused. It had been pretty easy to find our way out. It had been one straight path. There were no other tunnels.

"I don't think so. Which way do we go?" Rory asked.

"The right tunnel?"

We made our way deeper into the darkness. It started to get darker the more deeper in we went. Pretty soon, I couldn't even see Rory next to me.

"You sure this is the way?" She asked.

I wasn't really sure. I'd just guessed it was right. I opened my mouth to answer when I heard her scream.

"What happened?!" I asked alarmed.

"Nothing. I just- I just slipped. I think there's a hole here." She assured me she was fine, but her voice was shaky.

"Where are you?" I asked. "I can't see anything here."

I felt her hand slip into mine. "I'm right here. Let's just keep going."

I wondered if she could see me blushing through the dark.

We walked a little further before my foot hit something. I stopped.

"What?"

"I think there's something here. It- it not a rock. It feel different." I slipped my hand out of hers and bent down, my hands brushing the ground as I tried to find what my foot had hit.

I felt something soft this time. Not hard like before. As soon as I touched it though, it crumbled. I felt something hard, and picked it up. It felt like... a flashlight? I turned it on, praying that the batteries still worked.

It turned on and light filled the room. But as soon as I saw what was in front of me, I immediately wished it was dark again. A skeleton sat in front of me, an icicle going through its ribcage.

Bones. That was my first thought. I didn't know why, just the thought of bones made me sick. I staggered backward.

"Chase? You okay?" Rory knelt down next to me. Then she followed my gaze to where the skeleton lay.

"The- the bones." I tried forming a proper sentence but I couldn't.

"It okay. I'm right here." She pulled me to my feet and helped me back out of that tunnel. But the tunnel seemed to have shifted. I couldn't find that fork we had crossed before.

"What?" Rory said, completely bewildered.

She couldn't seem to make sense of it. Neither could I. It was like the tunnels were moving.