𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓔𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

Chase's POV

I felt my face go pale. The dungeon was cold, and there were bones everywhere.

"Chase?" I heard Rory whisper my name, but I couldn't concentrate on that. This was the place that Cal had died. I couldn't go like this. Not like him, surrounded by all these bones.

"Chase, you okay?" Rory slipped her hand in mine.

"I..." I trailed off. Something caught my attention. Something shiny, on the ground. I picked it up. It was a locket, a picture of Dyani, Cal's betrothed, inside. "This belonged to Cal." I said. "He- died in- in here. Solange killed him in this dungeon." I could barely breath. My older brother had died in here.

I sank to the ground and buried my face between my knees, clutching the locket that had belonged to my now dead brother.

Lena's POV

There was no way we could get inside there. Solange's palace was completely blocked off. I was kind of expecting it after what happened last time we came here, but I was hoping it would be easier.

"What now?" I jumped. Ima and Iggy had been so silent I'd forgotten they were there.

"I... don't know." I said, surprised. I'd thought I worked everything out on the way here, but it looked so different from last time. We'd been able to sneak in with the crowd last time. The only people here now were the guards. I saw a pack of wolves guarding the entrance we took last time, and a plan began to form in my head.

"Hey, guys," I turned to ima and Iggy. "Who wants to volunteer as wolf bait?"

BACK AT EAS

"Where is it?" The wolf growled.

Mildred stumbled back.

"Where is the book?"

"What?" She tried to act as calm as possible. Of course, she knew what he was talking about. Solange had been trying to get her hands on the book of fairytales for decades. But being trapped in the glass mountain, of course she couldn't. She tried not to glance at the big blue book sitting on her desk. Usually, it was kept in the library, but she had been using it to watch the quest.

"You know what I'm talking about." Ripper raised his snout and sniffed the air. "It's here somewhere."

He glanced at the desk, noticing the book there. The director lunged for it the same time Ripper did.

She was too late. He grabbed it, and disappeared in a flash of light.