"I picked up the three boxes of pizza and large bottle of Whiskey. Oh, and did you know they have donuts named after home?" I said as I stepped out of the elevator, half a donut shoved into my mouth as the glaze taste was almost heavenly on my tongue. "Glazed Heaven, amazing."

When I looked up, I paused in my spot at the sight of Lucifer sitting on the couch with a half empty glass, his eyes firmly planted on the couch across from him. "Lulu?" He slowly brought the glass to his lips and took a sip. "Are you alright, buddy?"

"Depends," his eyes lifted to meet mine, them being the most dull I've ever seen them. And that's including when dad banished him from Home forever. "How alright would someone be after having their cripple your trust like a skull being crushed under Louboutins?"

I sat the goods down while still moving toward him. "Well they probably wouldn't be too well. Most likely dead.."

He scoffed slightly, his head shaking. "It was a metaphor, Y/n." I made an 'o' shape with my mouth before sitting beside him, the quiet loud and unsettling. I could get into his mind if I wanted to.. but feeling the energy radiating off of him, I didn't even want to.

I planned to let him tell me whatever the problems were when he was ready.. and it didn't take long.

"The detective and I hit a bit of a stint." I titled my head to look over at him as he held the glass up, then swirling it in a circle to make the liquid swish side to side. "She can't accept me for who I am. Who I truly am."

"Oh," I whispered and turned my head to look down at my hands, never having heard my brother sound so.. sad before. It was weird. Too weird. "Well you know.. she's mortal." He didn't respond but I could feel his eyes on me now. "And mortality comes with a lot of baggage like.. children, illnesses, death." When I peaked up at him, he was nodding his head slightly. "So I say just have fun. If she can't accept you, forget it, accept yourself."

"You know what, you are absolutely correct." He quickly lifted the glass to his lips and downed the rest of the alcohol before raising up. "What am I doing? I have yet to show you a grand Lux time." He motioned me to get you so I did, then following him toward his closet. "Go ahead and grab anything you'd like. I've already ordered more suits than you could imagine for you."

"Well thanks, Lu." He smiled with a slight nod, then walking into the other side of the walk-in closet to change, I presume. And as I looked at 'my section' I realized he truly did have an odd fascination with suits. There were no sweaters, jackets, tshirts, robes- I take that back. He got me a black robe with a maroon trim around the edges. And that's probably the only other thing in here besides suits.

Now that I was complaining, I enjoyed the finer things. Back home, I was seen as the.. the intelligent, witty baby of the family. I wore what I considered to be fashionable but apparently not.

And now that I was in Los Angeles, I took that time to reinvent myself. But, like the city I was currently in, you reinvent your way..

"The suspenders are back." Lucifer said when he walked out in a navy blue, fixing his cuff links. "And as much as I despise those hideous unnecessary accessories.. it definitely suits you."