PROLOGUE

"What the fuck?!"

"What the fuck?!"

I looked around in confusion as I was surrounded by water and loud commotion and what had to be thirty pairs of eyes. "Hey.." I pushed myself onto the edge of the key of water, noticing everyone slowly backing away. "What? Never seen a girl fall from heaven before? Turn the music back on!"

That gained a unison of shouts as the party went back to how it was, despite me literally falling out of the sky. Humans are so predictable.

And that's exactly why I was here. After big brother Amenadiel popped back up home, I had a million and one questions for him. How was earth? Why did it take him so long to come back? And why on earth was he going back?

The oh so mighty and dads left hand man had left home to go back to a damn near inhabitant planet filled with mortals. I had to find out for myself.

So, me being me, I devised probably the greatest escape plan and was out without a hitch. Only problem is that I've never used my wings to fly from anything other than within my own home so.. I had a bit of a landing issue.

Not that it mattered, I landed right in the middle of a party and it looked nothing like the parties we had back home. I mean.. the ladies..

My eyes darted left and right as the girls walked around in short little pieces of clothing that could only be counted for as underwear. They just willingly walk about in their underwear here? And swim in it? Amazing.

"Hey," a hand touched my arm and I stopped in my tracks at the sight of a gorgeous blonde with the upmost perky breast. Well.. hello. I lifted my eyes and smirked slightly when she instantly bit her bottom lip once our gaze connected. "You.. are an angel." She whispered and suddenly reached forward to grab my face, pupils dilating despite the sun shining down on us.

"Precisely." I said and titled my head when her mouth opened slightly, a shaky breath leaving her lips. "What is your name, gorgeous?"

She swallowed thickly. "Kristina.. Kristina Langford.. baby.. yours. Whatever you wanna call me." I was taken aback at her forwardness but I was not complaining. Usually my charms didn't work this strong but perhaps in was the fact that she was a living, breathing, mortal.

This is gonna be fun.

"Well, mine," I joked, grinning smugly when she giggled as if it was the funniest thing in the world. "I'm new around town. Where's the place to be on a day like this?"

"Lux." She said with it hesitation. "It's a club in west Los Angeles. I can take you there.." My eyebrows raised once again when she stepped forward and dragged her finger down my chest, her tongue sticking out to lick across her lips before she spoke up. "As long as you promise you'll be leaving there with me."

I looked around with squinted eyes and figured, what the hell? I'm sure I can greet these other lovely ladies another day. "Well," I stepped back and motioned my hand forward. "Lead the way, gorgeous."