CHAPTER THREE

My mind was racing a mile a minute as I looked around, checking to see if anyone could recognize her

My mind was racing a mile a minute as I looked around, checking to see if anyone could recognize her. But that was just my overthinking. "What are you doing here?" I whispered in a hiss, my hand grabbing hers as I pulled her off of the sidewalk and around to a semi-alleyway beside the police station.

"Well I had no choice." Spinning bee around, I gently pressed her against the wall before looking around the corner. "I wanted to make sure you were okay."

With a sigh, I faced her against the wall, my hands instinctively raising to rest on her shoulders. "This wasn't apart of the plan, Eve."

"How am I suppose to follow a plan if I don't even know what the plan is!" My eyes rolled when she leaned her head back against the wall, pouting. "I got bored."

"You always get bored, love." I mumbled before stepping back and looking down at the white dress she wore, my eyebrow immediately cocking upwards. "Isn't this the dress.."

"That I was buried it? Yep. I woke up in the tomb and my dress was still good as new. Isn't that neat?" Eve Eve Eve.. still the same as she had always been. Except now she wasn't in Heaven. "And besides, you left a pretty big mess up there."

I titled my head before nodding slightly. "I'm sure I did. But it's all apart of my plan, Eve. One you've possibly ruined now."

At that exact moment, I felt a buzzing in my pocket, making me look down and pull a.. phone out? I don't even remember acquiring a mobile device. I'm sure Lucifer had something to do with that. And speak of the devil..

Handsome Devil

"Ooo is that-" I held my finger to Eve as I opened the messaging app and reading what he had sent me.

Handsome Devil
Meet me at Lux.

"What's Lux?" I quickly jolted back at Eve's lips literally right next to my ear, now standing behind me.

"How did you-never mind. It's nothing. Stay away from Lux and.. I don't know.. go sightseeing or something." She pouted again, her doe brown eyes always somehow getting me to let my guard down a little. "Fine, listen, after I finish whatever it is Lucifer wants, we can go sightseeing together, deal?"

Her pout turned to a wide smile as she nodded quickly before grabbing my forearm and using it to pull herself forward and onto her tippy toes; a kiss suddenly pressing against my cheek. My eyes widened in shock and I could feel the heat rushing to my face. "I'll see you later, Panda!"

Clearing my throat, I nodded, throwing a weak wave in her direction; and as I went to walk around the corner, I felt her hand wrap around my bicep, stopping me. "Y/n," I looked over at her, eyebrows raising slightly. "Don't forget my plan." With a slacked jaw, I nodded my head once before walking away while fixing my jacket.

Her plan.. of course.. one of the main reasons I flew the coup. But if only she knew that her plan was going to have a few detours with the newfound knowledge of dear big brother.
-