Later, when Razia went in kitchen to check for the preparations of lunch, she followed her on toes.
" Momma, where is Zuhayr?? ", she asked trying to look as calm as undeterred lake.
" He is in his study. His meeting must come to an end, by now. If you want you can go meet him. Their is still 20 minutes left for lunch to be served and it would be best for you to be with him, rather then all over their. ", gesturing to the living room.

Once in a while Riyaanah thought to laugh at her MIL's expressions referring to the living room. Their was no need to ask her, if she wasn't annoyed by her own part of in laws except from Hamida and intimate ones then the distant.

Riyaanah asked for the directions, and went in the one, towards Zuhayr's study.

By the time she reached the threshold of the closed double doors, her nerves kicked in leaving her palms clammy and tears at the bay.

She felt it so cruel to say, anything to her MIL that she decided to vomit it all in front of her fate.

Come on Riyaanah. You need to do it.....

" Back off from your wedding. That will do all. And I won't do anything.
Today, you have a chance. Rather than creating a russ-cuss day after. "

Tears went to her chin and she bit her lower lip ot suppress the sob.
She whipped her face again with her handkerchief.

" Let's, get this over with. ", she said to herself, drawing a steady long breathe in.

She knocked three times on the door. Rolling of chair was heard from the other side. And soon Zuhayr opened the double doors.

He had a white chicken kurta on his torso, with white pajamas at the lower. It fitted him to the right places.

Again, Riyaanah lowered her head to not look him in the eye.
He gestured her to come in.

She didn't make any noise, as she felt he had an online face-time meeting going on right now.

" حتى ننتهي هنا ، أيها السادة. شكرا على التعاون. "
...

Riyaanah was in her own back of mind to listen anything.

She was standing in the middle space of his study, too engrossed in her thoughts to pay a glance at Zuhayr.

Zuhayr waited for her to speak. He observed her when she didn't knew. She had an pastel pink kurta with pastel blue denims on her treatise. With a dark grey stole around her collar-bone to not showcase his deed from the day before.

He checked with one glance at the door, it was locked from inside.
Few, seconds passed by without anyone speaking or moving.

He thought what changed her nature for today. She wasn't behaving like always.

He stood up, still she didn't looked at him. Or even rose up her head. Her eyes were fixed on the black marble, of the flooring.

When he stood in front of her, she forget to breathe. Gulping inaudibly, she raised her face to look at his eyes. Blinking tears back. Her lips were dry.
And when she opened her mouth, her voice came out in whisper.

" I-I can't marry you. ", she released her breathe in half.

Has she lost her mind, he thought. The day before she was comfortable, then what changed her decision. He had a doubt, maybe he heard something wrong.

" Pardon? "

Riyaanah with much more difficulty, again.

" I can't marry you, Zuhayr. ", this time with more confidence, determination and guilt, he observed in her eyes. She had spoke her lines better and had a reason ready. If he would ask then. Lies. But feeding ones.