(1) Captain America

A very advanced HMVU drives through a pretty bad artic snow storm. It's so bad they can barely see or hear anything. Two SHIELD men get out of the HMVU and walk over to the search team leader and a civilian. Once they've reached each other they shake hands.

"You the guys from Washington?" the search leader shouts out over the deafening wind.

"Get many visitors out here?"questions the SHIELD Lieutenant sarcastically. "How long have you been on site?" questions the SHIELD tech guy stepping toward the leader.

"Since this morning. A Russian oil team called it in about 18 hours ago." replies the search leader. "How come nobody spotted it before?" the Lieutenant wonders aloud.

The search team leader gestures around them at the artic landscape. Still looking out around them the search team leader starts to speak, "Ice melts. Storms blow in. Landscape changes all the time." The search leader then develops a worried look upon his face. "You mind if I ask what this thing is, exactly?" he asks.

The SHIELD Lieutenant responds with, "Would you believe us if we said it was a weather balloon?"

"No." responds the search leader. The SHIELD men stare at each other and the search leader for awhile. That is until the search leader shrugs and walks off. The SHIELD men follow him.

"Listen, for the record, I'm not sure we have the equipment for a job like this-" states the search leader. He's cut off by the SHIELD Lieutenant. "Is the sonar up and running yet?" questions the Lieutenant. 

"Sure. We're getting deep ice preliminaries now. Very deep." the team leader answers.

The SHIELD tech guy thinks for a moment. "So? How long before we can start craning it out?". The leader stops the tech guy, a little incredulous.

The leader slightly shakes his head. "I don't think you quite understand..." he says while looking off to something in the icy environment. He continues, "You guys are going to need one hell of a crane."

The two SHIELD workers turn to look at what the leader is looking at and become awestruck. They see a huge wingtip towering above them like a skyscraper from out of the ice. They see a skull and tentacle logo appear on the wingtip, barely visible. It also has German words written ominously below the logo.

The SHIELD agents laser a hole into the aircraft and once that's done, the metal circle falls onto the ground inside the plane. The hole is now allowing light into the once pitch black aircraft. The two SHIELD operatives rappel down from the HMVU on ropes to get inside. They slowly walk around the plane, curiously looking around at what appears to be an empty plane. They point their flashlights at shattered controls and the light gets reflected back to them. The Lieutenant sees a panel which reads, "GEFAHR EXPLOSIVSTOFFE."

The Lieutenant grabs his radio and presses a button which will allow him to speak with other people who are on his channel. "This has got to be World War II. But the Luftwaffe didn't have anything nearly this advanced." the Lieutenant says into his radio. He continues after taking a short pause, "Or this big."

The guy with the radio was about to speak again before he was interrupted. "Lieutenant." the tech guy calls out from the other side of the plane.

"Hold that, base." the Lieutenant states into the radio before walking over to where the other SHIELD operative is. As the Lieutenant is walking over, the tech man is chipping away at some ice, but then stops.

"What is it?" questions the tech guy completely dumbfounded. The Lieutenant finally reaches the spot where his partner is and stares in complete awe.

"Base, get me a line to the Colonel. I don't care what time it is." he pauses. "This ones worth waking up for." the Lieutenant finishes his statement into the radio.

The SHIELD operatives knock away the last bit of ice on the thing that made them so awestruck. Once the ice was chipped away the men saw a red, white and blue shield, then they saw him holding a woman's hand. 

Once the SHIELD workers exit the plane they allow a snowcat to pull out the large piece of ice, the shield now barely visible. The woman opens her eyes and their glowing a dark red.