1

HAN YURI-

i grew up loving romance books, just like my sisters and i was a total addict.

i really liked romance. my heart fluttered every time i read those sweet words and phrases from romance books like, "i love you" "i like you" and "can i kiss you?"

romance sure were beautiful, you fell in love and live your life to the fullest with the love of your life.

but....

that was only in the book. romance in real life were way more scarier.

so that's probably why i didn't date.

but i did fell in love.

"yuri! your best friend's here!" i quickly closed my diary when i heard my sister were calling for me.

best friend? wait BEST FRIEND?

"oh my god jihoon must be here. how do i look?" i quickly checked my appearance in the mirror.

yes, you guessed it right.

i fell in love with my very own best friend, park jihoon. he was my very first love. we were so young when i realised my feelings for him.

he was always there for me. we were neighbours ever since his family moved from busan to incheon and since then, we became a really good friend with each other.

"jihoon, go upstairs my room's open." i tidied my bed whilst waiting for jihoon to come.

"you going somewhere? why do you look so cute?" jihoon said as he walked in and pinched my cheeks.

"im literally in my pyjamas." i said and jihoon plopped himself on my bed.

"what brings you here so late? its almost midnight, jihoon." i sat beside him on my bed. jihoon was also in his pyjamas. he only did this when there were something urgent or when he needed me to talk about something.

"yuri, don't you want to date?" jihoon blurted out and that caught me off guard.

"d-date? as in dating someone? no, you know i don't do those. i rather be a webtoon writer my whole life."

"speaking of webtoon, when are you publishing your new series?" he asked as he leaned his head on my bed board, and looked straighted into my eyes.

"not planning to publish it yet. by the way, what's with the dating stuff?" i was so suprised by his question, i mean who wouldn't?!

"ah that, i just have some thoughts about you and dating. don't you want to maybe you know...try it?" he asked as i bit my lips. it was one of my habits when i was having some kind of anxiety, anxious thingy.

"i wouldn't dare, jihoon," after my replied, all i could heard was the sound of my clock. it was a total silence between us.

"hey, do you wanna go out this saturday?" he asked and leaned in closer to me. i cleared my throat as i tried my best not to showed that him, being extremely close to me would made me nervous.

"sure. it's been so long since we hangout. you are always so busy." jihoon chuckled before he stood up and glanced towards the clock.

"its getting late, i should go. don't forget, saturday seven a.m. and wear pretty clothes for the date yea." he said. before he could exit the room, i stopped him.

"are you taking me out on a date?" i asked. my heart were beating so fast as i asked him the question.

jihoon smirked before patting my head.

"maybe?" jihoon said before he left as i could felt pink hues all over my cheeks.