Chapter 6: Trying

Annabeth's POV
I nervously walked to the direction of Percy's house since I finally decided. That today will be the day, I will confess my feelings towards him.

Me and Percy met when we were 11. Ever since then, I had a BIG crush on him. He is so nice and he may be a doofus at times, he still is amazing.

I reached his house and slowly went ahead and rang the doorbell. As I did, I heard a, "I'll get it!" from Percy.

He opened the door.

"Oh! Hey, Annabeth, are you okay?"

I couldn't help and feel this nervous around him. My heart was pounding and I felt my face go red.

"Um, Percy can we talk in private really quickly?" I finally said.

"Sure, Annie."

Percy stepped out and closed the front door behind him. As he did, I couldn't help but to catch a glimpse oh his face.

He had black, soothing hair. The light that reflected of his skin was perfect but most of all.

Those eyes.

I could get lost inside them and I would never complain. They remind me of the sea. Beautiful and calm but mysterious and dangerous.

When he turned to face me, I mustered up all the courage inside me and finally spoke.

"Percy, we've known each other for a really long, long time and the first time since we met, I.. I developed feelings for you.."

He was quiet for a moment, then finally said something.

"Annabeth, you-"

I interrupted him, "I like you, Percy! I like you a lot!"

I finally did it.

I finally confessed.

~Wooooo time skip for tomorrow~

Jason's POV
I walked to my locker and I already want it to be history already. Not because I finally like it, no, but because I wanted to see Percy again.

The kindness he has really makes me blush. It was a shame he needed to go home yesterday and didn't get the chance to help me.

I then catch someone in the corner of my eye.

It was Percy.

I changed direction and walked towards him to say hi.

"Hey, Percy! How are yo-" I stopped mid-sentence.

"Oh, hey, Jason!" Percy said.

He was with Annabeth. The smartest girl in school. I was wanting to expect anything else but this... Annabeth was...

She had her arm wrapped around Percy's arm.

"Are.. are you two dating?" I mustered out.

"Us? No! Well, kind of. We are semi-dating if you will. We just wanted to see if it could work." Percy explained.

It seemed like the whole world stopped. Percy is dating.. Annabeth?! For how long?! Why?! Did I really never had a chance?! Was I really stupid?!

"FINALLY! YOU TWO ARE FINALLY DATING!" Someone yelled. They were coming towards us.

Grover Underwood. He is known for his personality, really liked in the school.

"Yeah, but only semi-dating! I'm still new to relationships." Percy said to Grover.

I didn't want to be here anymore. It hurts way too much.

"I'll get going now.. See you in history, Percy." I finally said.

"Yeah, sure, Jason. See you!"

I walked away towards my locker, trying my hardest on not to cry.

I really am stupid.

Percy's POV
Me and Annabeth went to our classes, before we did, she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

So, what happened from yesterday?

Long and kinda complicated?

At first, I didn't knew what to say. I wasn't sure how to feel about her. But, I did had a crush on her for a while back in middle school, but I moved on from that since she was already dating some guy named, Lucas? Luke?

But I didn't want to hurt her feelings, so I suggested we could try it out together. But we aren't officially dating, only testing.

Annabeth is cute. Real smart, knows how to take leadership, kind and has her moments. I don't what it is, but maybe it's because I have a thing for blondes.

Its just.. I moved on from her as my crush. I see her as one of my best friends now. And, maybe we aren't the good couple? I mean, Jason was kinda in disbelief but it seemed more than that.

Honestly, what did Jason felt about it? He seemed... sad. Did he had a crush on Annabeth?

Whatever the case is, I just wanted to give Annabeth a chance. To try us out.

I have a feeling it won't last long.

—————————————————————————————
Hehehehe, I like this plot twist. Cry about it.

I might update Chapter 7 today as well but it really depends on my motivation. But then again I get motivation from you readers since you like the book so much!

Should I write any other books like this? For example: Piper x Annabeth or Jason x Brick?

Some suggestions would help! Anyway, have a great day/night!

Bye~