Chapter 22

"Hyung... I'm bored. Can we go out and have a date? We haven't done that in a while. You're always busy with work. Don't you love me anymore?"

Namjoon just smirked and continued his work, not even sparing Taehyung a glance.

"Nice try, Taebear. You know I love you but you're still grounded. I'll take you out next week."

The omega pouted and huffed, walking out on his boyfriend.

It's been three agonizing days and he's bored out of his mind. Namjoon confiscated his consoles and only allows him fifteen minutes a day to check his messages to make sure he's not missing out on anything important. Other than that, he only has his Mangas to entertain him. Sure the alpha is at work during the day and Taehyung can play hooky if he wanted to but he didn't want to risk it. Namjoon actually had the audacity to display the belt he used to spank Taehyung on their living room, hanging it on one wall, as a reminder to the omega what would happen if he disobeyed his alpha and broke the rules. So far it's serving it's purpose and is effective in keeping the younger in line. So yeah, Taehyung is one behaved omega, even when Namjoon is not around.

The younger plopped down on their sofa and looked around their apartment, wondering what he can do to entertain himself. Truth be told, there really isn't anything to do. They live in a modest one bedroom apartment owned by Namjoon's parents. It has only one bath that thankfully has a bathtub, and an open layout for the living room, kitchen and dining area. The omega couldn't even have a party if he wanted to because it would be too cramped. One time he invited JK, Jimin and Yoongi but the alpha's had to stay in the dining area while the students played computer games in the living room. It is that small.

Taehyung sighed. He's been asking his boyfriend for them to move to a bigger apartment just like Jimin's and Yoongi's but the older just wouldn't budge. The alpha says that it isn't practical at the moment, that they would move once he gets promoted at the firm. He understands where his boyfriend is coming from but there are moments when the omega just couldn't help but feel bitter about their living situation. Like right now when he can't even sulk in peace because his boyfriend is just right there, using their dining table as a work station. Sure, he can stay in their bedroom but he's not in the mood to lock himself in there when he already knows he'd just be bored since he couldn't use his gadgets to entertain himself.

"Namjoon hyung...", the omega whined again after a minute. "Can I at least order something nice for our dinner tonight? Please?"

The alpha hummed, still concentrating on his work.

"And where would you get the money for that, baby?"

Oh, right... Taehyung has to budget well for the next month because his parents cut his allowance as punishment.

"Uhm...your wallet?"

Namjoon chuckled and finally looked at the omega.

"Well, do you deserve it?"

"Hyung...", Taehyung whined once more. He got up from his seat and forcefully deposited himself on Namjoon's lap. He then wrapped his arms around the alpha's neck and looked at him with the cutest pout, releasing his sweet lavander scent.

"Please, hyung? I'll pay you back once I get my allowance next month. Let me order a juicy burger, truffle fries and artisanal iced tea from Wolfgang. Then let's use the fancy plates your mom gave us. I'll even set up our table with flowers and fairy lights. We can pretend it's a date!", Taehyung told his boyfriend his plans with a blinding smile while the alpha choked on his saliva.

"Wolfgang?! Why? Just order at Shake Shack. It's the same thing!"

The omega looked at his boyfriend with wide eyes, scandalized.

"Take that back! It isn't the same thing you uncultured alpha!"

Now it's Namjoon's turn to sigh. He makes enough money to pay their bills and put a decent amount in his savings. But he cannot afford to splurge like his boyfriend. Taehyung comes from a well-off family from Daegu. The omega's parents manages a huge farm and sends their son a generous allowance, allowing Taehyung to focus on his studies unlike other students who needs to take part-time jobs.

While Namjoon also comes from an upper class family, with his mom being a successful real-estate agent and his dad an executive in a tech company, he insisted on trying to make it on his own after passing the bar. The apartment they currently live in is the same one he's lived in since college. He tried to pay his parents rent once he started working but his dad refused to accept any money from him much to the alpha's frustration. He is truly grateful for their generosity but refuses to accept any more help from them. Namjoon is one proud alpha, much to his boyfriend's annoyance.

Taehyung more than once tried to convince Namjoon to pool their money to rent a bigger place but so far he's never been successful. Unknown to the omega, the lawyer is putting the money he's not spending on rent in a bank to save enough for a downpayment to a nicer apartment. Taehyung just needs to be patient.

"Taehyung, they're just burgers.", Namjoon stated while rolling his eyes. "Let's just use that money next week, okay? So we can eat at a nicer  restaurant. Tonight let's be content with fast food."

"Fine. But next week I want steak.", the omega declared petulantly. Namjoon kissed the younger's nose and urged him to stand up so that he can go back to his work.

Taehyung obeyed and borrowed his alpha's phone to order. He ordered the most expensive burger on the menu and made sure to get cheese fries and large shakes. He's just petty that way.

Namjoon just let him. At least the omega's behaving so far and isn't breaking any rules. He just hopes that his boyfriend can keep his good behavior up, at least, for the duration of his suspension.