Chapter 17

"You got suspended?!"

Namjoon bellowed as he entered their apartment. He was still in his work clothes, a briefcase and an overnight bag on each hand. He decided to go home directly from the train station after receiving the news. The alpha's scent was overwhelmingly strong. He's obviously mad.

Taehyung looked at Namjoon with wide eyes. He wasn't expecting for his boyfriend to come home early. He was sitting on their couch, thinking of ways on how he can hide the news from his alpha. But now he obviously doesn't need to come up with a plan. 

"How did you find out?", Taehyung squeaked as Namjoon approached him and sat down beside him. He shuffled backwards and placed a throw pillow between them to shield himself from the alpha's wrath.

"Your father called me and asked me to review the school's policies. She's* hoping I can find a loophole and make the school reverse your suspension."

Damn, his father was quick. He should have known his parents would call Namjoon and ask for his help. 

"Can you? Baekhyun does not have any proof that I ordered him to trigger the fire alarm. It's his word against mine.", the omega dared ask, hoping the lawyer can help him out. He was disappointed when his boyfriend shook his head. 

"The school does not need proof beyond reasonable doubt unlike the criminal justice system, Taehyung. It just needs a statement from someone accusing you of wrongdoing and base their decisions on that. They are allowed to suspend you based on hearsay alone.", the lawyer informed him. "Now tell me exactly what happened. Tell me the truth. Don't even try to lie." 

The omega winced at the tone.

"Why? You obviously already know what happened. Why do you have to hear everything from me again?", the omega asked petulantly, feet kicking, lips pouting.

"Careful, Taehyung. Don't get smart on me now. You're already in deep trouble as it is. Don't make me add more punishments to the spanking that you're about to get.", Namjoon warned. Taehyung gasped and immediately panicked.

"But… but… I already got suspended. And my parents yelled at me and cut my allowance. And Jungkook still isn't talking to me and now Minnie is also mad at me! Everyone hates me! Isn't that punishment enough?! Don't spank me hyung, please!", the omega wailed, eyes bawling, distressed scent overpowering Namjoon's, it actually hurts the alpha's nose. The alpha dialed it down a bit.

"Hey, hey. Baby… What do you mean everyone hates you? What's going on? Talk to me.", Namjoon tried to soothe the omega. He set the pillow aside and gathered the omega in his arms. He tried to release calming pheromones to help Taehyung relax. 

"Shhh… Taebear… relax… That's it. Deep breaths, honey. Good job, baby. Now can you tell me what happened? Why is Jungkook and Jimin mad at you?" 

The omega, in hiccups, told his side of the story, omitting a minor but very significant detail, of course.

"And then… and then… Minnie got called by their Dean and got reprimanded for the incident. He tried to point out that it was clearly stated in the contract that Baekhyun and I signed that we weren't allowed to do anything against the school rules. And Baekhyun has the power to say no. He doesn't have to do everything that I say. But still, because it's their event that supposedly set everything in motion, they also got into trouble. Human auctions are now banned and all future events by their organization are now subject to strict review and approval by the Dean. Minnie got mad at me because he and the org got into a bad light with their Dean because of my carelessness. Everyone was also sentenced to a weekend of community service as punishment while Baekhyun and I got a 5 day suspension…

"But… but... how was I supposed to know that Baekhyun was capable of doing something stupid such as tripping the fire alarm? I was just trying to get him out of my hair. I didn't know that he'd take me seriously.", the omega tearfully confessed. 

"So you do admit that you told this Baekhyun to mess with the fire alarm? So don't you think Jungkook's and Jimin's anger towards you is justified?", the alpha asked sternly, making the omega's eyes go wide upon realizing what he just said. 

"Yes… but… but… hyung! I didn't mean for any of it to happen. And I get it now. I should think before I speak. I really am sorry. I'll be really careful of what I say from now on. I won't do it again. Don't be mad at me anymore. Alpha, please! I don't want a spanking!", the omega pleaded but Namjoon shook his head. 

"You can't get away from your punishments, Taehyung. I know you're upset but you still committed a major infraction that got you suspended. You do realize that this is going to reflect on your record?"

The younger pouted and looked at his boyfriend with pleading eyes but the lawyer cannot be swayed, determined to teach the omega a lesson. When will Taehyung learn that all his actions and in this case, his words, have consequences?

"Come on, Tae. Let's get this done and over with. Take your punishment like a good boy, yeah?", Namjoon said as he stood up and towered over the younger. "Lower your bottoms and lay down on the couch. You're getting twenty with my belt."

Taehyung paled at what he heard, not willing to believe that he's finally going to get a taste of Namjoon's belt. And twenty? He barely survived the fifteen he got with the alpha's hand the last time he was punished.

Taehyung shook his head.

"No… no!"

And then he ran and locked himself inside their bathroom. 

*Mothers are the ones who bore the child and their partners are called fathers, no matter the gender. But females are still called Mama/Eomma and males Papa/Appa.