5

The next day, Persephone Jackson could feel that something was about to happen. Not the small-mortal accidents, but rather the big-world-turning accidents. Before she could even make her breakfast, something or rather someone appeared behind her and grabbed her and before she could even say hello, the scenery changed.

Her eyes widened as she dawned the scene before her. Blood. Corpses. Fight. She was in a battlefield in the middle of a war. What kind of shitty luck was this? She just escaped her mortal cage kind of prison just to end up in the middle of a war? Should she help her fellow demigods? Should she just escape? Besides, she was sure that her help would not be appreciated anyway. Before she could contemplate her pros and cons though, a monster appeared in front of her, sneering. Just like that, all the bad memories came rushing back to her.

She decided to just help her fellow demigods, and later quietly disappeared to be the best option that she had right about now. She nodded as she grabbed her sword and in a second, a gold dust busted from the monster. Dead and disappeared. She did not pay attention towards her surroundings before marching towards a group of monsters, killing every single one. Her moves were graceful and elegant, looking like the true Queen she really was. Stabbing, slashing, and often blood bending.

Right now, she could care less whether the people watching her would be scared of her with her blood bending style. It was life and death situation anyway. She also did not know whether she should be grateful to be back to the battlefield or be miserable. The fact that she loved all the thrill and excitement the way the monsters burst and the fact that all her life, she only knew about how to kill monsters. It made her look like psychopaths and it made her feel bad that she did not mind being a killer. She missed the feeling of the war and she did not know whether to be happy or not.

Not long after that, the war ended. Everyone cheered. Everyone besides Persephone Jackson, that was. She did not know how to feel or what she should do. Should she escape right now? Should she wait? What should she do? She steeled her heart before she turned around, watching everyone and their reactions. Laughter and smiles gracing their faces, very contradicting with the glares and sneers she received half a year ago.

She knew that her fellow demigods hated her, but for just a second, she hoped that her friends would be there, hugging her. Annabeth, Leo, Nico, Will, Thalia, Jason, Piper, Hazel, Frank, and even Clarisse. Nobody noticed her and was busy celebrating and hugging each other. She felt lonely and abandoned. It hurt. She knew it was just a wishful thinking. She let a small smile grew on her face before huffing, disappearing from the battlefield.

As soon as she arrived home, she let her tears fell down her cheeks. It was hard to stay away from the people she considered family, but to be kidnapped just to help them and later not acknowledge was even more painful. What did she even think? Where was her rights? For how much further would they hurt her like this? The sound of her sobbing and wailing filling the small apartment. It was too heartbreaking to listen.

It was safe to say that she hated every single person in her demigod life. Her father included. She knew it was him who kidnapped and abandoned her there in the middle of the war. She shook her head, could not believe that her father whom she loved dearly would do something like that. True, she loved the feeling of killing monsters, but he did not have the rights to just throw her into a war after what he did to her.

If something like this happened again, I seriously would assist the monsters instead.

She was exhausted and at times like this she missed her mother very much. What would her mother do in this type of situation? Would she forgive and forget? Would she abandon others and live for herself? She was very fragile at the moment and so she decided to pay her mother a visit.

As soon as she arrived, the dam which kept her tears away broke. She sobbed for the second time today. For passengers, she would look like someone killed her child, but it was close enough. Her mother died because someone killed her. She could feel several people watched her from a far, most likely her superheroes stalkers, but she could care less at the moment. She was done with everyone's bullshits. She was done with everything.

"Mommy, I miss you so much." She whispered in a soft voice. "Can I meet you now?"

A soft smile graced her lips as she stood up. She walked back to her apartment, but did not go inside her home. She walked the stairs, up and up, until she reached the rooftop. Her apartment was in the taller side, so when she arrived, she almost puked. She never liked the high places (mainly because Zeus hated her) but now that she was up here she felt the irony. A few months ago, she was busy fighting for her life so that she could survive. But, right now, she just felt exhausted because of everything. She wanted the pain to disappear. She wanted for everything to end. Tears still running down her face as she glanced down.

She felt weak and pathetic. Just because she was betrayed by everyone she loved and everyone she knew, she decided that it would be best for her to die. Such weak mind. But of course, her attempt to commit suicide would be a fail. The Fates loved to mess with her and they still did not want their favorite plaything to die yet. No one was as amusing as her and no life was as interesting as hers. Just as she tried to steep against the border, the door behind her opened and her stalkers came in. All wearing the same expressions, concern and worry.

Worry about what? Should not they be happy their somewhat big obstacle was trying to commit suicide?

"Um... You may want to step down, Miss." The handsome blonde man with the hammer began. Everyone, even the annoying metal suit nodded. She almost laughed. If the situation was other than the fact that she tried to jump from around seventy floors tall building, she would have laughed out loud. "That side is dangerous, Miss. You may want to step closer to us."

"And why would I do that? So that you can kidnap me again?" Her tone bitter and sad.

"I can promise you that we are not going to kidnap you, again." The one with the shield spoke. "We are just worried. You may not be our most favorite person in the world, but we do not want you to just die."

"Don't you hate me? I played you."

"We don't hate you. Why would you think that we hate you?"

Just like that, her tears came crushing down once again. Everyone who witnessed it could swear that they could hear her heart breaking. The scene was too painful to watch. The person who they met a few days ago was happy, cheerful, witty and mischievous. Now, in front of them, red cheeks and red eyes, they felt sympathy for the girl. Maybe she was just had too much of problems. Maybe she was just misunderstood. Maybe she was not the villainess they all thought her to be. Maybe she was wronged.

"I was not the one who caused the disaster that day." She spoke, her voice steady and truthful. "And I did not know the cause."

"That's okay. We can talk about that another time. You should step down from there. It's dangerous." The metal suit man said. The others nodded. That time, for the first time in about several weeks, she sent a genuine smile.