Chapter 4

Hope's POV:

"I- I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." Nate said.

"It's ok.." I said while kissing his lips once more. My stomach was doing flips and I felt so many sparks. Nate pulled away again.

"Hope..... Should we really be doing this? I mean... We are best friends" he doesn't get it! I don't want to be just best friends anymore! I was stupid to think he loved me like that.

"Right..." I said getting off of his lap and holding back more tears.

"We are just best friends. That's all we are going to be." I said coldly. While walking to my room.

Nate's POV

I kissed Hope. It was honestly amazing. But I didn't want to ruin our relationship so I pulled away. I told her I loved her and I do but the kiss was just in the heat of the moment. I love Hope more than a best friend but I didn't want to date her right after I hooked up with Lindsay. It's just wrong. I never meant to hook up with Lindsay, especially after all the things she have done to Hope. We were doing a project the first couple of days of school that Hope missed and Lindsay was at my house. She kissed me then things got heated. I wished it was Hope.

"We are just best friends. That's all we are going to be." Ouch. That hurt. I followed her to her room. I can tell that she was hurt too.

"I'm sorry." I pleaded.

"Yeah I'm sorry that I ever kissed you back." She said while tears rushed down her face.

"Why are you crying?"

"Don't you get it? When I said I loved you I meant to it! More than just a best friend nate. But you don't feel the same way and it hurts! I honestly don't blame you though. You can't like a girl like me." I sighed.

"You mean a girl that's as beautiful and kind as you? A girl that makes me smile everyday and the girl who keeps me together while I'm dealing with my mom fighting with cancer!"

My mom was diagnosed with cancer about 8 months ago and it's been really hard hard for me. But of course Hope was there to make things so much easier.

"I do love you more than a best friend but I just don't want to hurt you more than you already are... I already screwed up."

"What do you mean?" This is going to hurt me than its going to hurt her.

"I-i had...... I had sex with Lindsay." I stuttered. She didn't say anything but her facial expression said more than words.

Hope's POV

The little whole piece of my heart just snapped in half. I think I'm completely broken. How can he have sex with one of the biggest sluts and bullies in school. I just shook my head and put my face in my hands.

"Please leave."

"No Hope I lo-"

"Leave nate. I really don't want to talk to you right now."

He didn't move. I looked up for a second to see nate with concern and regret in his eyes flooded with tears.

"Please. Just go." I said faintly with more pain. He sighed and walked away. I jumped as I heard the door slam.

I quickly got up and ran to the bathroom. I can't. I can't. I'm tired. I can't anymore.I can't. Nate is probably going to fall in love with Lindsay and leave me alone. I'll have nothing left. Might as well just end things now.

//

Sorry this chapter was pretty boring. But how is it so far?